outlander 400

brent n

Reaction score
so was out over the weekend and wife said she can hear a clunk on her quad so we stop i take a quick look didn't see anything take it for a ride and can hear it when i hit a bump or over a tree so check tie rods there good ball joints there good look at the shock and see oil so figure the seal must have went it was a 45km ride back to the truck there likely not rebuildable so have to buy a new one would it wreak anything more to ride on it till i van get the cash for a new one?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so was out over the weekend and wife said she can hear a clunk on her quad so we stop i take a quick look didn't see anything take it for a ride and can hear it when i hit a bump or over a tree so check tie rods there good ball joints there good look at the shock and see oil so figure the seal must have went it was a 45km ride back to the truck there likely not rebuildable so have to buy a new one would it wreak anything more to ride on it till i van get the cash for a new one?
the front struts are junk on the 400, I've replaced both of them. it won't hurt anything to ride it like that, the clunk is just mega annoying

brent n

Reaction score
its alright the sounds don't bother me i can't hear it over the sound of my 450 lol

brent n

Reaction score
maybe i should double check that but there was oil on the upper part of the shock

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
neither of mine leaked, the damper came apart from the rod inside allowing the shock to top out hard. I cut one open to see after it happened the second time.

Top Bottom