out for the season!!

butteboy21

Reaction score
went to doc today and found out i tore my rotator cuff last month. 2 weeks home therapy and then surgery if that dont work. To make things worse it snowing like a bitch right now.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
went to doc today and found out i tore my rotator cuff last month. 2 weeks home therapy and then surgery if that dont work. To make things worse it snowing like a bitch right now.

Well that sucks! Broke a leg this time last year but still got to ride all of April and most of May....so don't give up quite yet!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my good friend broke his ankle when he slipped on the ramp of his trailer on our first of three day trip in revy back right after x mas. he got to sit in the hotel for the other 2 days while we all went riding. we had to cancel our vegas trip in jan we had planned and booked for 4 months prior and he jut had to cancel our revy trip on feb 22. im still going on that one, but either way, sucks for him.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a torn rotator cuff too but went and got some injections and helping until I can get it worked on. Still manage to get out on the sled fortunately :)

butteboy21

Reaction score
ya hopefully this therapy stuff works but it doesnt sound good the way the doc was talking, o well not much i can do.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Sucks. Did both of mine in a quad accident. Do the exercises physio gives you. It takes a bit of time but they really do help. Get well quick and get back out there. Lots of Winter left yet!:beer:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
have any of u guys had the surgery, if so how long is the recovery process.

I was scheduled for the surgery almost 3 years ago...Torn posterior rotator cuff, and broken bone in same shoulder, chips floatin around. March will be 3 years and Im on the cancellation list as well. So far havent stopped sledding, skiing, or working, but the pain is unbearable at times...

Hope you have better luck getting in than me....

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nothing other than Ortho surgery will repair a torn anything. Go easy on the therapy may cause more pain and no gain. Tore my shoulder last year sledding and hurt like a beotch.. Had MRI done last April found a large tear. Was told that surgery could be 2-3 YEARS away. OMFG!! :rant:
Anyway go easy with it foresure..:beer:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have any of u guys had the surgery, if so how long is the recovery process.
post surgery recovery is anywhere from 4 months up to 1 year for rotator cuff surgery. now that's back to almost 100%, but it does take a LONG time to heal fully

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, my wife had torn rotator cuff as well dealt with it for 4 or 5 years went in started doing physio and that helped a little but she was still serving at restaraunts, finally got mad went in they gave her a cortisone shot and now 2 years later no pain and no need for surgery. Her tear was and inch long, but each case is different. Heal fast.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was scheduled for the surgery almost 3 years ago...Torn posterior rotator cuff, and broken bone in same shoulder, chips floatin around. March will be 3 years and Im on the cancellation list as well. So far havent stopped sledding, skiing, or working, but the pain is unbearable at times...

Hope you have better luck getting in than me....

there are pills for that....just saying

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't have surgery. Just did a lot of exercises and Ibuprofen. Still can't really throw a ball very well.

Top Bottom