Our justice system sucks

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year my son was stabbed and almost died. Well the fawker that stabbed him had his trial. And guess what he got. He got a lousy $3000 fine with no jail time. So if you got some extra cash on hand and someone you don't like stab away.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is brutal, I feel for you. I bet it took a lot not to get justice for yourself.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its disgusting. There is more compassion for the criminal than the victim.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to work in the Youth Court in Calgary.................don't surprise me !!!! Unfortunatly, our justice system needs a major overhaul, big time !!!!!!!!!! Files a foot thick...........slap on the wrist........community hours etc............obviously are not teaching our youth a damn thing !!! And having parents not involved in their kids lives don't help.............I monitor my son's FB account, his cell phone..............I want to know what's going on!!! He was recently bullied at school, one kid sent him a horrible text, which I texted back to and told the little bugger I'm going to the cops with his threatening text..............funny didn't say a word back . Then you get the parents you call who's little angel would never do that................time to get your head outta the sand !!!!!

I am so thankful your son was one of the lucky ones and made it !!!! Damn our justice system !!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I was clearing some brush on my acreage this summer, and the little neighbor fawker figured he'd blow the side window out of my hoe with a semi auto Ruger...the bullet came in less than 6" from my head. He got a whopping 6 months probation, 40 hours Of community service, and 2 years without a gun. Big fawkin deal, what a great message to our youth..."it's okay to be a useless sack of guts, nobody can touch you"

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I was clearing some brush on my acreage this summer, and the little neighbor fawker figured he'd blow the side window out of my hoe with a semi auto Ruger...the bullet came in less than 6" from my head. He got a whopping 6 months probation, 40 hours Of community service, and 2 years without a gun. Big fawkin deal, what a great message to our youth..."it's okay to be a useless sack of guts, nobody can touch you"

moral of the story ya need a smaller head.

kids(people) do stupid shheeet without thinking of consequences. a clown leaving a gun range, decided to take a few practice shots at a kids tree fort, from our area a few years ago. ya just never know.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

To be fair, you WERE in a hoe. Coulda dealt with that much quicker and more permanantly...

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw on the news that the guy that orphaned 5 kids being drunk behind the wheel got 7 months!!!What bull....!!!!You would probably get more time for shooting a moose in the wrong zone!!And with that kid shooting your window out I'd be tempted to hang a licking on his parents for raising such a sh.. for brains!Parents should spend more time being around their kids to teach them right and wrong!!I have four kids and I never had to give them a lickin' for acting up and everyone says how well behaved they are!Amazing when you take their crap away and stick to it, not just hollow threats they tend to listen!!And that guy that killed those kids parents(3 times the legal limit and blew threw an intersection)will spend Christmas with his family!!Absolute B.S!!!!Maybe the justice system should make jail a lot more uncomfortable of a place maybe people would be a little more scared to go there!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to work in the Youth Court in Calgary.................don't surprise me !!!! Unfortunatly, our justice system needs a major overhaul, big time !!!!!!!!!! Files a foot thick...........slap on the wrist........community hours etc............obviously are not teaching our youth a damn thing !!! And having parents not involved in their kids lives don't help.............I monitor my son's FB account, his cell phone..............I want to know what's going on!!! He was recently bullied at school, one kid sent him a horrible text, which I texted back to and told the little bugger I'm going to the cops with his threatening text..............funny didn't say a word back . Then you get the parents you call who's little angel would never do that................time to get your head outta the sand !!!!!I am so thankful your son was one of the lucky ones and made it !!!! Damn our justice system !!!
In the 80's I was 17. Got caught with a joint. Stolen property and missuse of a credit card. Mostly guilty by association but yet guilty. Bythe time I went to court I was 18. The judge switched me to adult even though it was a first offense. Said he wanted to make sure I wouldnt be back. Gave me 90 days in jail. My lawyer couldn't believe it. Mom said good!!! So off to jail I went. Once there my case worker was shocked and fought to get me away from the real criminals. I was there a total of 11 days and released. Wow did I learn a lesson. And Have never been in trouble since. Lots of my peers had been in trouble and slaps o. The hands. I'm sure they are in jail now. I am glad for that judge helping me learn responsibility and teaching me a lessson. Now it's to easy to reoffend and get away with it. Pretty sad

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often wonder if it were the judges family victimized what kind of sentence would he impose? From what I understand laws are in place with min/max sentences but for what ever reason the judges lean towards the lesser sentence. Is it political interfering, is it society or simply the judges own agenda/beliefs? Either way, total BS and we are going to be in a whole lot of hurt in years to come. We were raised if you do something wrong and get caught, we had consequences even right down to failing a test in school, we failed the class. Plain and simple. Now days they get to rewrite it. Crazy!

Top Bottom