Our Groomer was Vandelized this week

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Frickin shitty..... maybe some go pro cameras in a couple strategic locations are required.....just the cheap ones. Sure would be nice to know who.....I have my ideas......was the main gate locked?, or is it open for the season?
Drunkin retards idling no more.....

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gate is open so sledders can access the area, i am locking it eveynite now as long as the groomer is there, hopefully I can get it started today and move it to our new indoor storage near by.and trail cameras were suggested by me? but what do I know. they backed up to groomer with pickup and loaded the tool box, they were smoking inside the snow cat while drilling out the ignition, propbably got pissed off when couldnt start it and smashed the battery.and took the power switch key or threw it in bush., going to check fuel tanks carefuly today, make sure nothing was poured into them, they were full, didnt check it any was taken ,will do today.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be wise to have trail cameras set up at all of our cabins. And the new groomer shack. Spend a thousand bucks to save several thousand in the long run. Sure would have been nice to have a couple of shots of the losers that burned down the Summit cabin

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is more frustrating when you put your heart and soul into something, and someone else comes along and either takes it or wrecks it. I hope you guys find these people and maybe the lawyers and the judges will finally make an example out of them. Maybe then people will think twice about stealing and vandalizing.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be wise to have trail cameras set up at all of our cabins. And the new groomer shack. Spend a thousand bucks to save several thousand in the long run. Sure would have been nice to have a couple of shots of the losers that burned down the Summit cabin

There are game cameras that are infrared so there is no flash. Otherwise the vandals will also vandalize the cameras if they see the flash.

On another note, maybe cheap flash cameras is all that are needed. Once they flash the vandals may think there are more and leave.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need a flash alright!!!!! From shot gun and rock salt. What in the hell do people get out of this kind of thing. It takes alot of work and time to produce this quality of equipment for such a short season.
All the time that clubs and members put into aquiring these machines and maintaining them is alot. Most people have no idea .
Wasn't it about 15 years ago that a fellow from Whitecourt caught some theives and took them up in his helicopter and threatened to pitch them out.
Maybe some of these slugs need this to happen again.
Pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a real shame and waste. There's way more stories of wrecked and stolen stuff than there is of people getting caught. You'd think you"d hear thru the grapevine of a name or group. And to me it seems to get worse and worse and most people just shrug it off as that's the way it is. And it's not if more people did there due diligence. cause the law boys just put it in the books as another incident.
Probably wont hear thru grapevine but maybe smoke signals thou.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a drag to hear of stuff like this happening, it really blows. Im of the thought that all cabins and cats unfortunately should have trail cams now and thats a sh*tty way to have to be after volunteering so much but thats the way things are now. I totally understand why people (myself included) now are so hush hush about small club cabins and special sledding areas, who needs the headaches between sled/truck thefts, vandalism and trash left on the hill........

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it fired up and we moved it to the new indoor garage. approx $8000 damage. not sure we will use it as is or wait for insurance to fix, might just fix minimun things to groom trails.its out of site now and will stay that way when not being used, they even stole the alum,inum side panels off groomer engine gaurds? sell for scrap we suspect.same as the aluminum tool box.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it fired up and we moved it to the new indoor garage. approx $8000 damage. not sure we will use it as is or wait for insurance to fix, might just fix minimun things to groom trails.its out of site now and will stay that way when not being used, they even stole the alum,inum side panels off groomer engine gaurds? sell for scrap we suspect.same as the aluminum tool box.
Obviously not kids then.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been having fuel stolen from our rock quarries the last few years. so we have put up trail cams and I can wait to see the face of who ever it is. they even busted the lock of the tank on the loader and busted the fuel line on the hoe.

What ever happened to respect for others.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it about 15 years ago that a fellow from Whitecourt caught some theives and took them up in his helicopter and threatened to pitch them out.

yes, that was good friend I grew with, former Police Officer too. he did a yr in jail for that. Taking the law into our own hands is what we feel like doing,but we cant .These assholes have ratbasturd lawyers that get them off.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

yes, that was good friend I grew with, former Police Officer too. he did a yr in jail for that. Taking the law into our own hands is what we feel like doing,but we cant .These assholes have ratbasturd lawyers that get them off.

they did end up getting there property back...lol. I didn't think anyone did time for that stunt though? I do know there was a company name change that happened as a result.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they did end up getting there property back...lol. I didn't think anyone did time for that stunt though? I do know there was a company name change that happened as a result.
Dude ended up serving time on weekends if I remember correctly. I think he was ex RCMP too. Don't think the 'victims' ended up getting charged with anything.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Need to park a little off to the side and have a trail camera or 2 pointing and for a little added security....may not prevent but it might help catch the A-holes and do want to mess with it

**edit** sorry I see someone suggested the trail cameras

Last edited:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we used to have a ski hill with ski lift and a chalet building. It got vandelized so often and so bad that they couldn't keep up with the repairs and after breaking in and ransacking the chalet...the users and volenteers gave up. The lift and any salvagable equipment was sold and the location was remediated. The actions of these thugs resulted in people giving up unfortunatly wrecking it for everyone. This is one of the reasons why Slave Lake does not have an active snowmobile club with groomed trails...really sad when we have Athabasca to the East and Swan Hills to the south that could be tied into....but everytime we have organized a meeting to see about forming an ASA club, we end up with the same result. SAD! but unless these people get caught and our law makers and judges start really throwing the book at them...nothing will change.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we used to have a ski hill with ski lift and a chalet building. It got vandelized so often and so bad that they couldn't keep up with the repairs and after breaking in and ransacking the chalet...the users and volenteers gave up. The lift and any salvagable equipment was sold and the location was remediated. The actions of these thugs resulted in people giving up unfortunatly wrecking it for everyone. This is one of the reasons why Slave Lake does not have an active snowmobile club with groomed trails...really sad when we have Athabasca to the East and Swan Hills to the south that could be tied into....but everytime we have organized a meeting to see about forming an ASA club, we end up with the same result. SAD! but unless these people get caught and our law makers and judges start really throwing the book at them...nothing will change.

Still would like to see a snowmobile club in Slave Lake

Now back on topic. Can you check your neighbours site out for missing parts? Give them a friendly visit and look around

sledhead80

Reaction score
We have been having fuel stolen from our rock quarries the last few years. so we have put up trail cams and I can wait to see the face of who ever it is. they even busted the lock of the tank on the loader and busted the fuel line on the hoe.

What ever happened to respect for others.

My thoughts exactly... Set up a trail cam, not that you should have to but it may assist in finding these POS people and having some justice brought there way.

smiley1

Reaction score
We put up game cameras at the Cabins south of St. Paul on the snowmobile trails; along with signage and advertised it locally in the paper; and that has made a difference....but 'touch wood' and pray nothing happens...sorry to hear about that.... :(

Top Bottom