Nice week for a drive......

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've been looking forward to getting away, getting intothe mountains and playing in the snow....

Plan was to leave Sunday, just couldn’t get our sh$t together, so we leftMonday morning, had a great drive...

Then it starts....

Get a call about four hours after leaving, our cooler of sandwich meats, bunsBEER and other assorted snacks is sitting in the house by the back door rightwhere we left it....No big deal, we'll just go shopping in Sicamous.

Checked out the avy reports and grooming report....Blue Lake was groomed Mondaynight, were going to Blue Lake Tuesday morning....

Early morning swim, and a nice hardy breakfast courtesy of the Best Western (noteto self, I like the extra security they have in place) and were off to BlueLake....get there un load Ryan of course chats with some guys looking forsomeone to tag along with, well I put an end to that ....seems I forgot half mygear in the motel....WOW is this the first trip this year or what...drive backget the gear, decide to ride Owlshead as it’s closer....Wow it’s 11:00 alreadyand there’s only two other trucks in the parking lot....up we go.... trail wasin great shape had only 35 sleds on it since it’s last grooming, (note to self,thank the groomer and
EagleValley Snowmobile Grooming Society, they do a great job.
So far I lost a leather driving glove in the parking lotat Blue Lake and am a day later and later in the day then normal but hay werehere and on our way and were happy.....
Great ride up, just before the cabin, I turn and head upinto the fresh powder into the trees, as is normal Ryan goes high then me.....butgets the pleasure of being the first to get stuck as he turns around one treeonly to see another, in his attempt to turn away he’s a little too heavy on thethrottle and buries the back end.... we laughed.....well ok I laughed, it’s usuallyme.
We get to try out the new sled to sled Snow Bunjie, WOWdoes it make light work of pulling him out.....then it happens...Ryan turns towalk over to unhook the bunjie and his knee lets go, a sort of poppingsound....
We made our way back to the trail, sat for a while, itclearly was swelling, so back down the trail, loaded everything up and sat inthe motel, early night hoping it would improve by morning, NOPE so we headedhome, 18 hours of driving for a run up the trail and back....
It snowed over night and was snowing when we left....-6in town in the morning, get home to -25
Hopefully his knee will be ready for spring riding ifnot, it will be a really short sledding year.....for him...Maybe I might haveto go without him....anyone need a 54 year old with good back country skills and a so so rider to tag along....Heal soon Ryan.

Attachments

• IMGP6723C.jpg
    IMGP6723C.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMGP6722C.jpg
    IMGP6722C.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 116
Top Bottom