oregon scientific helmet cam

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new ATC2K helmet cam for Christmas. Seems to be a pretty decent camera but not that impressed with the helmet mount. Anyone using one that has found a better way to mount it?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The mount is not great,I ended up fabricating my own and screwing it to the helmit,Unfortunatly a Tree at the Robb Rally dismounted it permanently.
catmando!

Cowboy151

Reaction score
I've taken mine and velcro strapped it through the vents in my visor with pretty good success. The most difficult part is aiming it and then duplicating that after you take it off to download. I am looking at building a support bar made out of PVC pipe to extend off my backpack because I can seem to keep my head from flicking around and offering that sickening "Blair Witch Project" look. Cheers

badsled

Reaction score
Any one try using 3m tape to the mount as the Gopro does? Going to try that this weekend, don't like the idea of drilling holes.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just mounted with Industrial Velcro but haven't tried it yet, don't want to drill holes in a $200.00 helmet. If the Velcro doesn't work I will try the 3M or something similar. Anyone know where you can buy just replacement helmet mounts as if I mount it permanently I'll need more mounts for the other helmets

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one try using 3m tape to the mount as the Gopro does? Going to try that this weekend, don't like the idea of drilling holes.

drilling holes in your helmet compromises it's integrity. not a good idea concidering it is there to protect your melon

amtheguy

Reaction score
Hey guys. So far I've used this cam on my mountain bike with the bar mount. Today I'll be testing it out on my snowboard helmet using industrial velcro. I'll post some pics of the mount later and whether it was successful or not.

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Have one on my helmet....used the 3m hook and loop, attached base to that and cam just slides in and locks in place. The hardest part was to set it up, pictures of dash, then sky before I got it right.:)

Top Bottom