Old-Soul's snowmachine season 2014/15

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did one of these last year in an effort to "up the stoke" for the S&M members. I enjoyed following Shadam and LilDuke's threads and thought it'd be fun to do my own.

So here I am again with my 2014-2015 thread. Hopefully those dudes do theirs again (and other members follow along and post their own).

I'm not a crazy back-country snowboard/thrill seeker nor do I spend 120 days out west (a man can dream though, a man can dream) but I do try to ride as much as possible be it in the mountains or bombing the prairies.

:Snowmobile1:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my season last year was effectively ended when I "blew up" my REV out in Fernie.

qle1GOq.jpg

It took me a while to figure out that I hadn't actually blown my sled up but the flywheel had in fact started coming apart and was playing hell with the timing.

Tx8eJNz.jpg

Luckily it didn't cause any damage (that I know of) so This past weekend I spent my sunday pulling the engine out of the chassis and getting it ready to be taken into a local engine builder to have him go over it, repack the crank and give it a look-over to make sure I start my season off on the right foot.

E0h3sP7.jpg

5C6wtOG.jpg

tIhlivH.jpg

qVuVXcD.jpg

Family photo...I guess you could say we like REV's 'round these parts. The blue '06 my cousin just picked up, super clean sled owned by an older guy who really look care of it. 100% stock. My cousin is 13 and already 6'2" so they're installing some risers.

Yt7wcr8.jpg

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can appretiate your affection to your rev's.... i'm quite partial to mine. lol. nice looking sleds! where did you get the running board inserts?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin,

Those are the Mod Rod boards. One of the more cost effective options, and one of the best changes you can make to your machine!

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup... looks like it will be one of the changes ill make to the rev this year! thx.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the blown engine kept us from meeting up in the Quartz creek...creek last year but maybe we can do something similar this year on a super pow day.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the blown engine kept us from meeting up in the Quartz creek...creek last year but maybe we can do something similar this year on a super pow day.

Are you volunteering yourself for the "Graham Recovery Squad"? You can join the prestigious ranks with such noted S&M members Heavy_Chevy67, CJR and Tippett. Or perhaps you're already an honorary member as it was you who helped me out of my first ever creek expedition... Oh the memories!

don't worry, I haven't gotten any more skilled (or any smarter...)

image.jpg

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you better sign up for a "ride like the duke" clinic Haha

Have a great season man, hope to see you out in Revy!

Cheers

Are these clinics free? If so I'll come out to Revy for sure hahaha. Maybe I'll start my own... "shovel like Old Soul"

dropped the motor off at the local guru's today and he said it shouldn't need anything other than the crank bearings getting re-packed and I should be good to go.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these clinics free? If so I'll come out to Revy for sure hahaha. Maybe I'll start my own... "shovel like Old Soul"

dropped the motor off at the local guru's today and he said it shouldn't need anything other than the crank bearings getting re-packed and I should be good to go.

For you the clinic is free, or almost free. Maybe a beer per stuck deal haha

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b50421cf5acae3125c65ba5d8f.jpg

Just kidding. Bad news.

Looks like I get to order a reman'd crank up tomorrow. Nothing like a $500 kick in the nuts to start off the season haha.

I did however find a 159" track to replace my worn-out 151" (And you were right Tex, I have 10 tooth drivers so I'll have to source some 9 teefs before I do that swap).

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 177779

Just kidding. Bad news.

Looks like I get to order a reman'd crank up tomorrow. Nothing like a $500 kick in the nuts to start off the season haha.

I did however find a 159" track to replace my worn-out 151" (And you were right Tex, I have 10 tooth drivers so I'll have to source some 9 teefs before I do that swap).
Been there... know all about it

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For you the clinic is free, or almost free. Maybe a beer per stuck deal haha

Well wtf in that case u owe me a few there dan!?!?

when u guna be up in revy our 1st ride will be nov 27 and we will be spending half of dec there for sure

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well wtf in that case u owe me a few there dan!?!?

when u guna be up in revy our 1st ride will be nov 27 and we will be spending half of dec there for sure
Next week some time, gotta get some chit done this week then I'm Revy Bound:beer:

Top Bottom