Old Rail-line west of Rocky to Nordegg

Trips300

Reaction score
Will be heading to the caboose and palmers cabin the Sunday of May long weeked!

Thanks for the maps!

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
Three or Four of us will be doing the Rail ride this coming Fathers day weekend, staging at Horburg, leaving Petrocanada Sat Morning @ 9. There will be two Rzrs and quad.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea it's been too long since i've been out there, i'm in unless something unexpected comes up. Should be a good one.
I'm sure others will join in on the fun . If anyone needs the info Nordegg Lodge number is 1-800-408-3294 for room bookings.

Last edited:

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
New on the ride Jun 20th, we will be launching from Saunders and riding to Horburg Saturday, Jun 20th, then riding to Nordegg Sunday Jun 21st. The Nordegg Lodge screwed up my reservation and there are no rooms so we are taking the trailers up and staying in them. If anyone wants to join us send me a txt 780.995.7618.

Pointe

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New on the ride Jun 20th, we will be launching from Saunders and riding to Horburg Saturday, Jun 20th, then riding to Nordegg Sunday Jun 21st. The Nordegg Lodge screwed up my reservation and there are no rooms so we are taking the trailers up and staying in them. If anyone wants to join us send me a txt 780.995.7618.

Pointe
That's nice of them, if I recall that has happened before on previous years rides

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
No biggie, we can spend more time figuring out the mess logging has made of the trail between misty and the road

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
Years ago we found a way around the skeg, we followed the fence line around misty. Have not been able to find that trail since

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya all the new fences and logging has made it hard to find and go that way

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys still going? going to be real wet! and muddy!

could be interesting getting in and out of saunders camp area? although i think it is mostly gravel

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys still going? going to be real wet! and muddy!

could be interesting getting in and out of sanders camp area? although i think it is mostly gravel
There are still riders going out to play, should be a good slippery time. Unfortunately it looks like i may miss out, having alot of upper body pain that doctor hasn't figured out for sure, spent all morning laying in hospital and all afternoon sleeping at home. Still hoping it passes quickly so i can join in, but not looking good at the moment.
Yes i think most areas down at Saunders camp area are gravel or grass.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
There are still riders going out to play, should be a good slippery time. Unfortunately it looks like i may miss out, having alot of upper body pain that doctor hasn't figured out for sure, spent all morning laying in hospital and all afternoon sleeping at home. Still hoping it passes quickly so i can join in, but not looking good at the moment.
Yes i think most areas down at Saunders camp area are gravel or grass.

Hope your feeling better. WTF did you do. Old injuries ?

Top Bottom