Old Rail-line west of Rocky to Nordegg

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And once it caches the msps in yer phone, most times with my new iphone 6plus it will load the map crystal clear. It's just the areas u haven't been that might not show up clear untill u hit cell phone service on the trail...

i usually zoom into the area that I'm going to be riding prior to getting there and that seems to work just perfect as if I'm sitting there with five bars of service pretty cool stuff.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
So from Saunders, how does one get to the rail line? is there room to stage at Saunders?

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of room

How to get to the rail line, which way east or west, cause one way is on one side, and the other way is on the opposite side of saunders

Both is hard to explain with out showing or gps marks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
old rail line runs through the site tex! east and west.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but to get on it west u have to take a trail west off gravel road a ways, then up a sometimes nasty hill to get to rail line and old Bridge

East u also have to take the right trail east from saunders, across the creek and a side hill to get to the rail line east

If u don't know where to go good luck.... It's not just only one trail in and out either way

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but to get on it west u have to take a trail west off gravel road a ways, then up a sometimes nasty hill to get to rail line and old Bridge

East u also have to take the right trail east from saunders, across the creek and a side hill to get to the rail line east

If u don't know where to go good luck.... It's not just only one trail in and out either way

it is an old rail siding, trails run between river and highway, go explore there Is more than one way to get on the old rail bed.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is an old rail siding, trails run between river and highway, go explore there Is more than one way to get on the old rail bed.
I never said there wasn't

But if you haven't been for a few years, mistyvalley and camp alexo has grown and cut the trails off

But from saunders east, there is only one way, unless u ride the highway past mistyvalley to the west side of jackfish lake hill

There's probably only one guy that has logged more miles in that area on here than me, and it's Hadley... He's the one who showed me way back

To go west from saunders, u have to mess around camp alexo to get onto line or take the sketchy hill, or ride highway for a bit

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said there wasn't

But if you haven't been for a few years, mistyvalley and camp alexo has grown and cut the trails off

But from saunders east, there is only one way, unless u ride the highway past mistyvalley to the west side of jackfish lake hill

There's probably only one guy that has logged more miles in that area on here than me, and it's Hadley... He's the one who showed me way back

To go west from saunders, u have to mess around camp alexo to get onto line or take the sketchy hill, or ride highway for a bit

yup, the hadster great guy. I would stay off highway, it is numbered & signed(fines apply if caught), rail bed goes right through the saunders site at top of hill i thought

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I like the ride from Saunders and west. Not as much mud But I don't ride at Harlec either. It's to swampy and stuff. No need to go in there

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the ride from Saunders and west. Not as much mud But I don't ride at Harlec either. It's to swampy and stuff. No need to go in there

we need to get the suds buds out there this summer, u and hadster can lead the way. camp at saunders, go to nordegg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need to get the suds buds out there this summer, u and hadster can lead the way. camp at saunders, go to nordegg
Also quad up top to mount baldy.... We quaded from saunders to nordegg, had lunch at inn... Mmmmmm mount baldy burger

Then up to baldy , then back to camp

Good full days ride

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, still lots of places to go out there. farther west the less mud, a bit more trail riding. the only problem, not many want to make the trip out that far.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we go to swan through caroline, saunders is real close to 1/2 way between rocky n nordegg. last year I couldn't get anyone to go out past nordegg to bighorn dam. so I would think saunders may be as far as they will go. and all I heard was it was a kids party place. the boys like bush camping around swan lake, rig street, south of outwest, and prarie creek pipeline crossing

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change is good tho too

Going to the same old, same old gets real old.....

For mud riding with everything u can think of in-between, the best place I found was between horberg and saunders

Just have to know where to go

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true, we are straying a bit away from all mud riding, not much fun only riding 10 km's a day, spending hours waiting for everyone to get unstuck at every hole. and pounding 2-3 beers at every stop. I enjoy a trail ride, seeing things taking my time, some mud puddles, a few stucks , but mostly a 30- 50 km ride, going to be doing more of that this year. I'm done with racing from mud hole to mud hole, I have some trails this summer that the boys have never been on, should be good summer.

going to do the "where the phugg is marble mountain" run again this year, may need to tighten the belt though.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, the hadster great guy. I would stay off highway, it is numbered & signed(fines apply if caught), rail bed goes right through the saunders site at top of hill i thought
Yeah it does. West takes u to the bridge to no where.
East to the aqua duct.
The sketchy hill to get around the rail trestles Isnt too bad, my wife sharted herself but was her first trip

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does. West takes u to the bridge to no where.
East to the aqua duct.
The sketchy hill to get around the rail trestles Isnt too bad, my wife sharted herself but was her first trip

The last few years we went it rained, that clay hill sucks when wet lol

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last few years we went it rained, that clay hill sucks when wet lol
Yeah agree with that especially if your riding a ds 650 made it tho

Top Bottom