Oilfield / anyone working in Fox Creek???

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey

Wondering if anyone working in Fox Creek and could give me a little info on the area and which oil companies/contacts based there? Just want to get an initial overview of the area before looking at some opportunities there. Thx.

Toxic

Reaction score
You mean oilfield service companies or actual oil well owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burns

Reaction score
In terms of producers - Shell, Chevron, Athabasca Oilsands (AOC), Encana, Trilogy, Yoho, and I am sure I am missing a bunch.

Toxic

Reaction score
In terms of producers - Shell, Chevron, Athabasca Oilsands (AOC), Encana, Trilogy, Yoho, and I am sure I am missing a bunch.

Talisman has wells out there, XTO is a division of Exxon and they have a lot if stuff down the ANC road to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Husky and tourmaline as well, not sure if peyto is up there, i think thats the name of another smaller outfit

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Shell is continuing their Duvernay program this summer in fox. They will have 3 packages working that area from what I'm told. Talisman completions have moved further to the south (Rocky area)in the past 18 months. Husky hasn't kept us very busy around fox but north of Edson down the Sundance is where they are balls to the wall. CNRL is doing a little more around fox.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
What are you looking at getting into work wise?
Biggest producers in the area are Trilogy, Talisman, XTO(celtic mobil),shell, Athabasca oil corp, CNRL ect. Companies like Chevron and Husky have come back due drilling in the Duvernay.
Place is going crazy with drilling activity in liquids rich zones, everyone is pounding out liquids and once that Kittimat ngl terminal is built its going to be insane here.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you looking at getting into work wise?

Sorry for the delay and thanks for replies - looking at moving some equipment there - Vac trucks, Combo, Steamers, Pressure trucks and semi vacs. Lost some of my existing work as the oil company we work for put everything to a bid- looking for one company to do all. Don't have enough equipment to make that work so we couldn't bid. Was going to move a couple units into the area and try to get established before winter. Any leads or contacts would be appreciated.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you looking to do?

Bring some vac truck services to the area. I have a medium sized company working in another area and had been working exclusively for one oil company, however due to Calgary's desire to see one service provider for the area we lost out on the work we had been doing for the last 2-3 years. Wouldn't mind a change in scenery and have newer equipment with good guys.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
Tons of work for vac, tank and pressure trucks up here. Your biggest hurdle will be finding a shop or land to lease to park the equipment as the town has no commercial property thats not filled. Worker housing will be a big pain as the town is plugged full and there isn't really anything available to rent. Your best bet is looking for an acreage / property by little smokey, it'll expose you to both valleyview and fox creek work.

Top Bottom