Oil recommendation

usadventureracing

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am new to snowmobiling and just picked up a 2000 polaris indy and was wondering if someone could recommend what type of oil to use. Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am new to snowmobiling and just picked up a 2000 polaris indy and was wondering if someone could recommend what type of oil to use. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I am not a serious, go by the book kind of guy but I doo appreciate that some oils are better than others. I also, don't swallow the fact that the manufacturers oil is the be all and end all. Any of the good 2 stroke oils would suffice in my mind. I have used Castrol, Amsoil, Spectro, and the BRP mineral oil. All worked well.

With the newer sleds most are using full synthetic. Burns cleaner with less deposits. There will be lots of advice for you, I guarantee it!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Fernie said most oil will be good. Find a kind that you are willing to spend and someplace that you can buy easily. Like Canadian tire they are open everyday of the week. What ever oil you choose stick with it and don't mix a hole bunch of different oils together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to the polaris dealer and buy some polaris oil. Get extra for when you are needing some on a sunday and they're closed. Braap

(SK)AndyM

Reaction score
I run Royal Purple Snow IIC. Its specific for cold weather 2 strokes, doesnt get as thick as some of the others in the cold. Was recommended by Carls Cycle in my big bore in place of their standard oil, which I could not find in my area. Good stuff!!

Top Bottom