Oil opinion

Harp

Reaction score
Hey, I've been running synthetic blend in my summit. Should I stick with that or switch to full synthetic. What about amsoil? I can get amsoil for $40/gal. Compared to $60 for blendAny info?Thanks

Take your pick on sale until end of December.

SPECTRO 2-STROKE OILS

Best: Spectro Platinum Syn-Sno Powervalve Formula. $39.99
This low-pour (-42F) PAO full synthetic lubricant keeps power valves and exhaust systems deposit-free. No brand burns cleaner; virtually smokeless. It can also be used as a racing pre-mix oil. Top performance in Rotax snowmobile engine tests. Meets all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO L-EGD+ and API TC.
For use in (any year, no restrictions) – Two cycle Arctic Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, and Ski-Doo snowmobile Engines, including power valve and E-TEC Motors.

BETTER: Spectro Golden Snow Injector. $32.99
This semi-synthetic formula is engineered to enhance pumpability in all injector systems regardless of temperature. Golden Snow virtually eliminates spark plug fouling, keeps piston ring grooves deposit free, significantly reduces smoking, and protects your engine in off-season storage. May be mixed at manufacturers’ recommended ratio. Meets all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements.

Good: Spectro Snow Injector $24.99
Specially-blended for all two cycle snowmobile injector systems and designed to outperform baseline OEM oils, this petroleum based lubricant offers clean engine operation. Meets/exceeds all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements. Spectro Sno Injector minimizes spark plug fouling, significantly reduces smoking.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take my pick? But I don't see any BRP Full Syn? :)

Take your pick on sale until end of December.

SPECTRO 2-STROKE OILS

Best: Spectro Platinum Syn-Sno Powervalve Formula. $39.99
This low-pour (-42F) PAO full synthetic lubricant keeps power valves and exhaust systems deposit-free. No brand burns cleaner; virtually smokeless. It can also be used as a racing pre-mix oil. Top performance in Rotax snowmobile engine tests. Meets all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO L-EGD+ and API TC.
For use in (any year, no restrictions) – Two cycle Arctic Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, and Ski-Doo snowmobile Engines, including power valve and E-TEC Motors.

BETTER: Spectro Golden Snow Injector. $30.99
This semi-synthetic formula is engineered to enhance pumpability in all injector systems regardless of temperature. Golden Snow virtually eliminates spark plug fouling, keeps piston ring grooves deposit free, significantly reduces smoking, and protects your engine in off-season storage. May be mixed at manufacturers’ recommended ratio. Meets all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements.

Good: Spectro Snow Injector $22.99
Specially-blended for all two cycle snowmobile injector systems and designed to outperform baseline OEM oils, this petroleum based lubricant offers clean engine operation. Meets/exceeds all known manufacturers’ warranty requirements. Spectro Sno Injector minimizes spark plug fouling, significantly reduces smoking.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would You want BRP step up to a better product for less money!
:beer::beer::beer::eek:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Ghsc1FlWFdueHc

Prove to me how it is better, and I will better understand why its better. Less money, marginal.

Its the product you represent and I am sure you are passionate about retailing it, so sell me on it.

Harp

Reaction score
Yes I'm Selling Spectro, 49 North Lubricants is the wetern canadian distributor, and BRP is a fine product I used it in the past. I had attached an independet study for you to look at I think it is self explanitory. Spectro is 100% PAO synthetic and rated very high on this independet test as you can see. The biggest Difference I noticed is Less Smoke, Less smell and it pours better in cold weather. (my opinion) I guess when I see BRP oil selling for $65.00/Gallon to $49.99/gallon my math says Spectro at 39.99/Gallon is less money. :)

Prove to me how it is better, and I will better understand why its better. Less money, marginal.

Its the product you represent and I am sure you are passionate about retailing it, so sell me on it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm Selling Spectro, 49 North Lubricants is the wetern canadian distributor, and BRP is a fine product I used it in the past. I had attached an independet study for you to look at I think it is self explanitory. Spectro is 100% PAO synthetic and rated very high on this independet test as you can see. The biggest Difference I noticed is Less Smoke, Less smell and it pours better in cold weather. (my opinion) I guess when I see BRP oil selling for $65.00/Gallon to $49.99/gallon my math says Spectro at 39.99/Gallon is less money. :)

The link you have there, I have seen before, and doesn't even include Ski-Doo XPS Full Synthetic. Unless I am not seeing it. Kind of hard to compare something on an independent test when you don't have the oil I am supposed to be comparing Spectro to.

I notice no smoke on the etecs after break in, barely any on the pteks. I don't ride when its -55. Heck it rarely reaches -15 in BC in much of the Southern riding areas. I am pretty sure if I called up any Ski-doo dealer in AB a gallon is $56.00 or under with dealer discounts cards. Plus I purchased a significant amount at $40/gallon prior to the season.

You could tell me that BRP and Spectro are refined by the exact same people to the exact same stadards, and one comes in a yellow jug and the other,( Blue?) and I would still buy the yellow, even if I was paying more at this point. How many gallons does the average person go through a year? 20? that would be a stretch. I bet closer to 10 for some guys. 10 jugs at $15/difference, $150/year to run BRP XPS over Spectro. $150 a year, to purchase oil from the dealers I deal with. I've purchased sleds demos and new from a few dealers. I like the sales people, I like purchasing items from them, I like the support I get from them for my continued support of their buisness.

The warranty issue some people raise, could BRP turn away a claim based on non suggest oil brands being used? In Canada, yes. In the States they do have a few different laws (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) I am not familar with. Not a chance I am willing to take on $150-300/year possible savings if I am taking it all into consideration.

For me, I bought in bulk, like I said, the savings are marginal. I asked you to sell me on your product, you refered me back to a link on an independent test. No longer interested in hearing more about the product at this time. (my opinion) :)

Last edited:

Harp

Reaction score
You sound like you are a BRP dealer. I totally respect your right to run the oil of your choice as well as your opinion. Spectro puts on their jugs and literature that it meets and exceeds specifications for Ski-doo, including E-tec. I totally agree with supporting your local dealer. My local dealer offers Spectro as an option to those who would like to run it and does not threaten their customers with scare tactics of warranty issues. You never mentioned you would like to buy in bulk, only just what a jug cost. I guess I would like you to prove to me that the independent study was not XPS Synthetic as you assume. You're right when you asked me to sell you on the product. I should have referred you to the vendor section under 49 North Lubricants. All the information you need is there.

Cheers Ride Safe.
:beer:

The link you have there, I have seen before, and doesn't even include Ski-Doo XPS Full Synthetic. Unless I am not seeing it. Kind of hard to compare something on an independent test when you don't have the oil I am supposed to be comparing Spectro to.

I notice no smoke on the etecs after break in, barely any on the pteks. I don't ride when its -55. Heck it rarely reaches -15 in BC in much of the Southern riding areas. I am pretty sure if I called up any Ski-doo dealer in AB a gallon is $56.00 or under with dealer discounts cards. Plus I purchased a significant amount at $40/gallon prior to the season.

You could tell me that BRP and Spectro are refined by the exact same people to the exact same stadards, and one comes in a yellow jug and the other,( Blue?) and I would still buy the yellow, even if I was paying more at this point. How many gallons does the average person go through a year? 20? that would be a stretch. I bet closer to 10 for some guys. 10 jugs at $15/difference, $150/year to run BRP XPS over Spectro. $150 a year, to purchase oil from the dealers I deal with. I've purchased sleds demos and new from a few dealers. I like the sales people, I like purchasing items from them, I like the support I get from them for my continued support of their buisness.

The warranty issue some people raise, could BRP turn away a claim based on non suggest oil brands being used? In Canada, yes. In the States they do have a few different laws (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) I am not familar with. Not a chance I am willing to take on $150-300/year possible savings if I am taking it all into consideration.

For me, I bought in bulk, like I said, the savings are marginal. I asked you to sell me on your product, you refered me back to a link on an independent test. No longer interested in hearing more about the product at this time. (my opinion) :)

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's part of your answer:XPS Oils - The Full Story - YouTube

I wouldn't run anything but the XPS Synthetic in my new e-Tec 800. Saw this video and have to believe in the manufacturer, especially on hi-technology performance. There's only 1 oil seller that I can go to if I end up with a warranty issue, and that's the same guy that I bought my sled from. XPS has not ever done me wrong in many miles of sledding.

Top Bottom