oil mixture

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that i have done a oil injection delete i need to figure out what to run for premix..... i was thinking 50:1 but not sure ... what are guys running that have done a delete already?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not an authority on oil delete but i don't think ya can go wrong with mixing a little richer in the oil.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree with gary, unless yer racing and tearing your motor down after every ride why take the chance 32:1 will work well and let your engine live longer, you may need to change plugs more often, but as they say pay me now or pay me later. a few dozen plugs = 50 bucks+/- a motor $3000 or more. besides 2-stroke smoke is addictive. hehe

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was having plugs fouling all the time. Not sure but I think the 32:1 might too much maybe 40:1. As for rejetting I am running 470 which was stock. Maybe I will put the 480 back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nielsy

Reaction score
I have a sedoo xp 800 from 96 and i have premixed since 98 and i mix 1 to 40 i just have to be a little careful when i idle too much then she smokes a bit

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was hoping Maxwell would have chimed in on this, i beleive he has ran with a oil injection delete before....

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you put bigger jets or kept them the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Its been so long since I did this but I beleive the stock jetting was 400 main and now im at a 440 main. I did the jetting when I did the BB. I dont think you would have any worries just doing the delete and staying stock jetting as in most cases the rev was over jetted anyway unless you are in a fairly low altitude situation for an extended amount of time. Say below 2000'

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As others have said, 32:1 is good. I've run 32:1 with Torco semi-synthetic for a long time, high compression, high rpm (87-8900) and no issues.
It will run with higher ratio's but the little extra oil is cheap insurance if you suck in some snow etc.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 06 X 800 oil injection keeps it pretty rich. 28-35:1 it seems. I used to measure the oil going in VS gas all the time.

That being said, ANY oil injection rate can be used (within reason) provided it's jetted accordingly. 50:1 wouldn't be an issue but for me, I'd probably stick with 32-40:1. Then jet accordingly.

Good luck. This bit of work is something that can make you feel more confident you won't burn down your engine, but on the other hand you have to remember to premix! Also, premix goes bad quicker and your oil lubricating properties go down quickly. There are downsides to mixing if you don't have to.

Top Bottom