Is that in Core? I honestly don't know the names of the spots up there

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no its not the same. just heard there was some guys up passed the mine

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up Core yesterday. Lots of fresh. Sorry no pictures both cameras had dead batteries.

saz

Reaction score
Went up to Core lodge on Jan 1st, found a few bowls with no tracks. It was really good only four other trucks up there, had a great day -6 fresh snow.

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we hit wolverine jan 1,just as good as ever,managed to get stuck lots so it was a great day

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We went out on the 29th. The weather was good until we got to the Corelodge parking lot. Snowing and blowing like crazy. Peace River Coal was grading the access and Core parking lot. We thank you very much for this. There were about 15 pickups there. One guy was stuck and the grader came back to pull him out. It was kinda funny to watch the performance. We showed up at about 10am and the weather was hit and miss all day. It finally lifted abit around 230pm. We played in the meadow near the hotdog stand then made our way towards the back meadows. Hung out at the trail head for a sandwich then headed back. Our tracks were well covered allready from the blowing snow but no big deal. It was good just to get out and put a couple of more miles on the sleds. As the saying goes; " the worst day of sledding is still better than the best day at work " :beer: :)

Attachments

• Tumbler 2011 pic 1..jpg
    Tumbler 2011 pic 1..jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Tumbler 2011 pic 2..jpg
    Tumbler 2011 pic 2..jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Tumbler 2011 pic 3..jpg
    Tumbler 2011 pic 3..jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Tumbler 2011 pic 4..jpg
    Tumbler 2011 pic 4..jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Tumbler 2011 pic 5..jpg
    Tumbler 2011 pic 5..jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 262

simpson9999

Reaction score
i was just wondering about what kind of condition the roads coming into the core lodge area coming from grande prairie through kelly lake? gp recieved lots of rain this week and i guess you cant get into kakwa right now without chains. so if the roads are decent i plan on going to core lodge area on sunday for the day.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
i was just wondering about what kind of condition the roads coming into the core lodge area coming from grande prairie through kelly lake? gp recieved lots of rain this week and i guess you cant get into kakwa right now without chains. so if the roads are decent i plan on going to core lodge area on sunday for the day.

Your better off going out through Elmworth using the Monkman/Hiding Creek road. There's more oilfield traffic that way so the road is better maintained than through Kelly Lake. And its alittle shorter :)

Top Bottom