Official tumbler ridge area 2011-2012 season activity

Reaction score
Website
www.visittumblerridge.ca
Hey Powderhound:

Can do. I know he's pretty bad with email; I spend a few months trying to track him down. Sorry I missed your note; I thought I was automatically subscribed to this thread, and would get email notifications, but I had to turn it on.

I will mention that there's a bunch of you looking for memberships, and if you want to send me an email (tourism@dtr.ca) with the salient details and I can pass them on to him....

Reaction score
Website
www.visittumblerridge.ca
In addition to the wind mentioned by tfreddy, warm weather has also been hard on lower elevation areas (not that many people come here for the lower trails, but still...). There is only a bit of snow remaining on the ground in town. While it started snowing about five minutes ago, forecast is for less than an inch. I'll keep you posted.

Reaction score
Website
www.visittumblerridge.ca
We've had some snow in the last few days, but I don't expect it's enough to rescue Bullmoose, especially with another blast of 50 kph+ wind today. The Core Lodge has really settled in and riding is great, as long as you stay out of the trees. Elsewhere, I haven't had any reports yet, but I suspect it's similar. If it's exposed to the wind, conditions will still be iffy. If it's sheltered, chances are, it'll be good. Snow levels are lower than normal for this time of year.

If you've been out and have anything to add, let me know, as I'm putting together the official report for tomorrow.

Thanks!

jtilley

Reaction score
Some boys went to Wolverine yesterday said it was epic with 2.5' of fresh pow and could ride anywhere.

Johndevil

Reaction score
How do you get to Wolverine? Ive been to peace river coal staging area "core lodge" and "bull moose" but would llike to try this Wolverine area. Were heading out in the am.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm....well post up if any of you do go this week. its been snowing the last couple days, not alot but ya never know how much in the mtns! heading out on friday for a day trip...either wolvy or hassler. thinking wolvy will be better suited...

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics...

PB260119.jpg

IMG00970-20111127-1101.jpg

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This looks like the Red Deer river area going up through the cut block and the seismic line.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
noooooooooooooo............

i recognize that sled....towing company......maybe?

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha...i like youre logic!!

i HATE when guys bullch!t about the snow. nothing worse. oh ya man, just got back, 3 ft of fresh pow....no pics, go out 2 days later...MAYBE 2 feet!! drives me bonkers!! lmao

Johndevil

Reaction score
Went out to Core lodge yesterday. six of us went in .. was looking promising, started storming and by the time we were on our way out there was probably 1'1/2 to 2' fresh. Could of been good but we spent most of our time trying to find our way out of a creek. Whoever makes in in asap will have some fun.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed up to Tumbler over Christmas to spend time with family. We are planning to bring our sleds but have never rode in the area. Spent lots of time up PK. If anyone would be interested in showing us around PM me. We have our AST 1 and all our saftey gear. So if anyone wants to get out for a ride between Chrismas and New Years............

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed up to Tumbler over Christmas to spend time with family. We are planning to bring our sleds but have never rode in the area. Spent lots of time up PK. If anyone would be interested in showing us around PM me. We have our AST 1 and all our saftey gear. So if anyone wants to get out for a ride between Chrismas and New Years............

would LOVE too, but i go back to work next wed for 15!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We will most likely be making at least one trip to Tumbler over Christmas

Top Bottom