Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

lorne1176

Reaction score
Anybody know any info on the avy at turbo yesterday??

Found this:

Careful out there everyone!

Seen footage of the slide from one of my employees taken off his cell phone. Four sledders, only one was actually involved and got caught didn't realize he triggered the slide. Occurred along the ridge on the left just before Turbo. He had made a couple pulls earlier up the same slope and moved more to the left each time. Third climb something didn't feel right pulled out and it started to let loose behind him. No avy bag, found him face down under 3' snow packed in like concrete and recisitated him. If I can get a copy of the footage I will post.

Last edited:

foghorn

Reaction score
What's the news out there anybody riding and got some info what the snow is like

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is very set up and wind Blown on boulder not much deep Fresh to be had trail is pretty whooped out parking moving to km 4 on Kirkuk tomorow. Heard they may be grooming tonight

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. I was comparing it to Renshaw, and that trail was in way worse condition than Boulders trail. But not your fault that there was no snow down low.

This was 2 weeks ago too. Maybe its better now?

Renshaw was groomed last week, it was fine, little icy in spots, a couple moguls on the last 2 kms, and some dirt at 17 km, other than that it was good. Getting to the parking lot is rougher than the sled trail.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw was groomed last week, it was fine, little icy in spots, a couple moguls on the last 2 kms, and some dirt at 17 km, other than that it was good. Getting to the parking lot is rougher than the sled trail.

Cool. When we were there we rode 4km of gravel and my buddies Baker skid looked like this after the trail ride out...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on Boulder? Never been before. Currently in sicamous don't even care about snow just looking for an area with good access
Well think ur driving up no matter what

Owlshead trail is best betting sicamous

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on Boulder? Never been before. Currently in sicamous don't even care about snow just looking for an area with good access

Boulder would be easy access. You'll have to drive up a few Km's but its a good road.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kirkup trail on boulder had good coverage on thursday a couple short mayve 10 ft patches of gravel

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hats off to the Revelstoke snowmobile club! Access trail in to Boulder today was just like glass. Best shape its been in all year. Colder temps last night really helped. Nice fresh dry snow all day up top. Beautiful spring conditions right now. Awesome day...don't put the sleds away yet

Bowksmx

Reaction score
Who's all headed out this week? Looking to get a ride or 2 more in need someone to go with.. Could ride either timbersled or my summit.

Top Bottom