Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got anymore to report? How's the snow in the trees? Heading out tommorrow morning and wondering if we should stop in golden instead..

We spent Sunday in the trees and the snow was heavy and wet like everywhere else wasent any good if your looking for deep sugary snow. Still had a blast though picking lines through the trees could climb anything but if you did get stuck the sled felt like it weighed the same as a yamaha with all that wet snow packed into it.

Not sure if Golden missed all that rain and warm weather or not.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Johnny! Chris and I will be heading out Thurs afternoon so hope to get out riding with you this weekend!

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago, snow was super deep and everyone in town was telling us that everything was pounded out. We had 3 days of deep snow...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 930

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago, snow was super deep and everyone in town was telling us that everything was pounded out. We had 3 days of deep snow...
My point with this picture is that at the time everyone was saying that Revelstoke was pounded out. When I got to town it was dead, the slowest I had ever seen. Everyone I spoke with in town had been riding Boulder or Frisby and the comments were similar to what I had seen on S and M. We simply chose another zone near Revy and we had deep snow all 3 days. We only saw 3 locals on the last day. The story I am trying to put out there is don't follow the masses, comments out there don't always match what is real....

cowboytb

Reaction score
I agree sometimes you just have to take a chance and go find the snow it could be the best sledding day. Locals post pounded out snow so out of towers stay away and leave the good snow for them :nono:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point with this picture is that at the time everyone was saying that Revelstoke was pounded out. When I got to town it was dead, the slowest I had ever seen. Everyone I spoke with in town had been riding Boulder or Frisby and the comments were similar to what I had seen on S and M. We simply chose another zone near Revy and we had deep snow all 3 days. We only saw 3 locals on the last day. The story I am trying to put out there is don't follow the masses, comments out there don't always match what is real....

i think you rode with my buddy Jeff. SHHHH lol.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that you can almost always find good snow, but when the snow is ruined by temperature and rain it gets almost everything. There are a ton of areas with no tracks right now but that doesn't mean that you will find anything worthwhile.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has the low snow in revy affected bussiness in general, is the average sledders at bolder down??

heard from a few parking has been not much a issue in town this year

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that you can almost always find good snow, but when the snow is ruined by temperature and rain it gets almost everything. There are a ton of areas with no tracks right now but that doesn't mean that you will find anything worthwhile.

hmmmmm, guess you need to keep looking, amazing day with great snow, yup yesterday. Nothing like Selkirk Silk, and a well placed **** hook! Been snowing all morning.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Snowing for the next three days so Wednesday should be an epic day if there is some sun.

Top Bottom