Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you find some, let me know.

When I called around the other week everywhere was full for New Years. But got a place at Canyon motor inn. Stayed there before. It's no days inn but a place to sleep and dry your gear to shred another day.

hellercole

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a trip over the 1st of the year, I know the hotel situation is terrible, but I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what I need to do if I'm bringing sleds from WA state to Revelstoke (fees, issues with border crossing, etc.). There's no snow down here so I'm sure Revelstoke is better in that respect, but is it worth it right now or should I wait for the snow conditions to get a little better? It would be about an 8 hour trip for me, don't want to drive all that way for sub-par riding. On that note, anyone up for a few foreign tag-alongs on the 1st and 2nd of January? Thanks.

motox208

Reaction score
Was out through the weekend, seen a lot of stuff sliding, nothing big but a lot of it was sliding on its own or by remote. If we get much more loading on this layer need to be careful of the terrain traps. Anyone else seeing this?

Little slopes were sluffing lots yesterday. Guys will need to be careful with that deep stuff on top of the crusty layer beneath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a trip over the 1st of the year, I know the hotel situation is terrible, but I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what I need to do if I'm bringing sleds from WA state to Revelstoke (fees, issues with border crossing, etc.). There's no snow down here so I'm sure Revelstoke is better in that respect, but is it worth it right now or should I wait for the snow conditions to get a little better? It would be about an 8 hour trip for me, don't want to drive all that way for sub-par riding. On that note, anyone up for a few foreign tag-alongs on the 1st and 2nd of January? Thanks.

We just got back from 3 days riding and yesterday at frisby was excellent riding. Everywhere we went in the closure area was un tracked pow! Hard telling what it will be like in a week but right now it's awfully good. Crossing the border is not a problem unless you have someone in the group with a DUI or some other major criminal record. Bring your registrations as sometimes they ask to see them

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you tell them you have a dui it's no big deal. I might of had one before. Haha

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going into the U.S. with a DUI is not as difficult as an American getting into Canada with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know guys who have been turned around at the border cuz they had one
as long as that person is not planning to drive -- they will be more lenient - ie -- leave your Drivers License at home -- but bring the passport

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Great day at Frisby. Conditions were fantastic.

Last edited:

hellercole

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, none of us have a criminal record. I was just looking for some gouge on what they might ask, sticking points, etc. Thinking about borrowing a sled deck for my half ton but heard that might not be the best idea (legally speaking) so we'll see I suppose. Frisby looks awesome! We're just looking for some good riding in an area we can't get lost in. It's our first ride of the season so we'll just be knocking off the cob webs anyway. Is sledrevelstoke.com the best site for the riding area information? Do we have to buy some sort of sno-park pass for the parking lots? How about temporary registration for our sleds (currently registered in WA state and we'll have the papers on us). Thanks again, hope the conditions stay good.

wooleybulley

Reaction score

LOL for so many of us an 8 hour trip is considered short to get to revy, and its almost always worth the drive. I have had 24 hour drives to Revy that were worth every minute of it

Symesko

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, none of us have a criminal record. I was just looking for some gouge on what they might ask, sticking points, etc. Thinking about borrowing a sled deck for my half ton but heard that might not be the best idea (legally speaking) so we'll see I suppose. Frisby looks awesome! We're just looking for some good riding in an area we can't get lost in. It's our first ride of the season so we'll just be knocking off the cob webs anyway. Is sledrevelstoke.com the best site for the riding area information? Do we have to buy some sort of sno-park pass for the parking lots? How about temporary registration for our sleds (currently registered in WA state and we'll have the papers on us). Thanks again, hope the conditions stay good.

From what I can tell you, as far as I know (which somedays isn't even to the street corner): You shouldn't need a temporary registration, as long as they are registered and insured in your home state. Essentially, bringing a snowmobile across the border is no different than bringing your truck across the border.

Depending on where you ride, you will likely have to pay trail fees, which I think are 20$ per sled. That was last years rate anyhow. Given that you are new to the area, you will likely want to ride Boulder and Frisby, which are both located near each other, and just outside of Revy - they are both groomed and therefore require you to pay trail fees. There are ALWAYS more than enough riders around there, that it is near impossible to get lost. Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't possible to drop off a ridge and be stuck for a very long time.

As for the sled transportation, putting a sled deck on your half ton is probably not the best idea, as you will likely be overweight. While border guards probably won't say anything about that, the RCMP(our police service) will, if they pull you over. That's most of what I can think of, other than hope for both a hotel room and some big snow dumps during the week prior, as Revy is INSANELY busy between the 25th and the 3rd.

hellercole

Reaction score
Awesome, well we'll just bring some cash and beverages then and see what happens. Last question: are the snow parks accessible by 2WD? Thinking about throwing the sled deck on my buddies Dodge 2500 for the trip and buying some chains. From what I can tell the roads look good, but not sure about access to the sno parks...otherwise I guess we'll throw one sled in my truck and one on the single place I have. Again thanks for all the input and would still like to meet up with some people on either the 1st or 2nd for some riding, you're welcome to join us at Baker whenever it decides to snow down here!

Top Bottom