Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw quite a few sleds on the yamacam today at lunch. What's scoop on where people are riding from?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going tomorrow morning for fri and sat. Looks damn cold for Saturday... Hope the roads are ok, big storm moving east from BC tomorrow too. Fingers crossed. Will post a few pics fri night.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the roads will flash freeze like last year

Made getting up the drive way fun all year

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On hwy 1 now blowing snow some slick/slushy parts highways covered some trucks spun out on 10mile hill. Were hoping by comming up tonight we miss the really nasty stuff. All and all not to bad just use caution

sry for multiple pics only wanted the one oh well will have pics of tomorrow's ride to

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 728
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 703
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 724
Last edited:

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuck between golden and revy trucks jacked knifed in one of the tunnels, hope she clears out soon and we can make it to revy tonight. Might end up saving money on the hotel room tonight. Going to be deep in the morning

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuck between golden and revy trucks jacked knifed in one of the tunnels, hope she clears out soon and we can make it to revy tonight. Might end up saving money on the hotel room tonight. Going to be deep in the morning

Same here. I've seen a few truckers ignoring the chain up signs so far. Hope no one was hurt. Harfing some serious snow right now.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like every other day on Hwy 1 during winter.

Enjoy the Pow! Hope it doesn't rain high up today with forecasted warmer temps and freezing level to 1800m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the highway, did it open up?? I watch highway thru hell every Tuesday, some of those truckers are God damn idiots and its a miracle they even have a license.

I've been checking drivebc.ca and it says no closures so far, maybe they don't update it that much?

We are heading out in a few hours, fingers crossed.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highway is closed between revy and golden they figure be opening 830-9am this morning

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the highway, did it open up??

I've been checking drivebc.ca and it says no closures so far, maybe they don't update it that much?

Ive found drive bc to be pretty much up to the minute for updates

Still says closed both directions at golden on their site

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highway is closed between revy and golden they figure be opening 830-9am this morning

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the highway, did it open up?? I watch highway thru hell every Tuesday, some of those truckers are God damn idiots and its a miracle they even have a license.

We are heading out in a few hours, fingers crossed.
U should drive with them every day, u don't even know lol

They need to do this mountain road license

All these Vancouver tard truck drivers come east, have no idea about chains or how to drive in snow

Scary sh!t
I've sat all nite in golden years ago cause the road, kept saying should open next hour.... Went 21 hours lol

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the update is there I must have missed it, wasnt looking close enough.

Just checked out Avalanche.ca for an update as well:

"Winter storm conditions have produced a dangerous storm slab which sits on a touchy weak layer. Now is a good time to avoid avalanche terrain and stick to low angle slopes."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 639

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit,, looks like I picked a hell of a day to head to Revy....

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... this is not great for the groomers trying to put in the trail --- the good thing is that the temp drops 1 degree for every 1000 feet -- so the valley wet snow/rain will be snow all the way to the top. The other bad news is that the road between golden and revy appears to be closed still.... hope it opens for fri drive :eek:

lahardar

Reaction score
The snow has been rained away off the trees at the ski area to 1700m+.
We need some actual ride reports dudes!
Looks like a classic sh*t sandwich, with cold air trapped low, mild air moderate elevation, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom