Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend and I are planning to go up on Thursday, sled fri and sat, anyone else going? We have both never done revy.
[h=4]Thread Information[/h]There are currently 94 users browsing this thread. (65 members and 29 guests)

• . There will probably be a few. Lol

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Anyone know if last nights "Camping Party" got out? .......its early season folks. Snow is deep and there is little base. The weather can roll in quickly. S&R was called last night.......im sure they dread early season.
Hope they are alright.

wakeskate18

Reaction score
i was there yesterday and it was STUPID DEEP! tracks from the morning were completely covered when heading out. complete white out with 0 vis and heavy snow all day. we saw the guys before they dropped down into deadmans creek but they didnt listen not to drop down. we could hear them for hours trying to get out. some guys from idaho where going up yesterday morning as they had to leave two sleds in a hole and walk out to cabin to get a ride down. they got the sleds out yesterday by about 5. its so deep and bottomless you can get into real trouble. waist to chest deep. With all the snow in the forecast it could get worse for people getting stuck on the hill before it gets bluebird this weekend.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was there yesterday and it was STUPID DEEP! tracks from the morning were completely covered when heading out. complete white out with 0 vis and heavy snow all day. we saw the guys before they dropped down into deadmans creek but they didnt listen not to drop down. we could hear them for hours trying to get out. some guys from idaho where going up yesterday morning as they had to leave two sleds in a hole and walk out to cabin to get a ride down. they got the sleds out yesterday by about 5. its so deep and bottomless you can get into real trouble. waist to chest deep. With all the snow in the forecast it could get worse for people getting stuck on the hill before it gets bluebird this weekend.
Thanks for the updates --- getting stuck on the hill sucks, glad to hear people got out or are being helped. I think people need to realize that when you spend the night it shuts the mountain down, no one is allowed on until they are rescued, they also force S & R to come out and try and get you off -- as posted here it's tough going and puts more people at risk. I know I am excited to get out there -- but I think these stories posted here should be a heads up that you need to be more cautious on your route selection and or the area you would normally drop into -- be smart don't put yourself and others at risk. It's is supposed to snow all week - so lets all be safe on the road out and up on the hill... and post some awesome pics for those folks that couldn't make it -- a friend is heading up today -- I will try and provide an updated on conditions later. ---- T

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any reports on how the T3's are performing --- these snow conditions are what the 174 was designed for --- T

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
Any reports on how the T3's are performing --- these snow conditions are what the 174 was designed for --- T

Can't comment on the new skidoo but I can say that snow was all my 174" 3" pro wanted! I don't have anything in common with a burandt but the snow up frisby this last weekend was a tough go. I hope the guys who spent the night are all ok and after deciding to leave our sleds for the night and get them out the next day I really started to evaluate what I carry in my pack. Sat phone, gps, fire starters were all on board but a few more items will be added!

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions look good was told from a guy who was riding on sunday that snow was waste deep all day its early guys if u want to play and venture ride uphill dont be dropping down with nothing set up its just going to be trouble. I will be up from thurs to mon will post pics expecting some good early season riding just hope people will be using there heads this weekend a camp out isint fun.

dwight3566

Reaction score
After reading you posts my avalanche bag just got a few more items added to it, should be good now to spend a few nights on the mountain if need be.

Be there Friday!!!!!!!!!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Tough go for guys up Frisby today grooming. Reported 8 ft. above cabin, said guys stuck getting off their machines were chest deep. There was another overnighter on Frisby last night. If you are riding in these conditions BE PREPARED to overnight. S&R are tired!!!!!!!!!!!! There is another storm system coming.

Both Boulder and Frisby are being groomed now. Be prepared to purchase a daily trail pass $20 or show proof of membership starting Fri. Nov. 28/14

Last edited:
Top Bottom