Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

kgazzard

Reaction score
How kmS do u have to drive up frisby with 4 place trailer?

We were unloading at 7kms. Kinda sketchy for an enclosed trailer, unless you can unhook it from the truck and spin it by hand. Although that was 4 days ago, so not sure if there's been any new snow.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont be "that guy" u won't do it with a 4 place if it's real bad just shuttle them in the truck box it's a lot easier and less stress then f**kin everyone else who wants to drive up there without a trailer when you end up blocking the road

Fixed it for ya. Haha

No seriously you can get to 9k turn around but it's not ideal.

Don't bother trying Boulder with it until after this snowfall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like there has been a little fall lately. And untouched

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 897

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Logging is going on this winter in popular riding areas in Revelstoke. Signs are posted, if you are riding during the wk. you must have radios. Logging will also commence on Frisby in Jan. We need everyone to work with us or we won`t be riding these areas this winter.

Logging will be done on Boulder this week. They are running a couple of days late. It was a bit of a gong show on Friday with trailers coming up the Bezanson - Ministry went out and placed more signage to keep riders on the Kirkup. They will not be plowing the rd., they are trucking the last of the wood out of there and then their loader.

Logging commenced Friday on Keystone. They will be plowing the road up to 5.5km and that will likely last most of the winter - at least until end February. Signage went up Friday. It is imperative that trucks don't try and push past the first switchback as it is very steep and sharp and loaded logging trucks will not have a lot of play.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that there i less impact on the soil? Erosion and all.

Plus they own the roads... Without logging, we wouldn't have 1/4 of our riding areas..

So stoked! Heading up Wednesday to Sunday!! Should be awesome!

Well I'm glad it's not just sicamous that has all the logging closures...... Why can't they leave it alone during the winter??

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
The powder today was nothing short of insane on Frisby. It was waist deep if you just stepped off the machine and up to the arm pits if you jumped. We made it back to skinny ridge dropping down on the east side when ever there was an opening and ripping it up right to the lower bench. It snowed so hard our tracks were totally gone on the way back. I was going to give the new sled a good break in but I think it got some hard lov'n today.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 916
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 918
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 921
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 925

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The powder today was nothing short of insane on Frisby. It was waist deep if you just stepped off the machine and up to the arm pits if you jumped. We made it back to skinny ridge dropping down on the east side when ever there was an opening and ripping it up right to the lower bench. It snowed so hard our tracks were totally gone on the way back. I was going to give the new sled a good break in but I think it got some hard lov'n today.
Woop woop

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any idea when the grooming will start?

Top Bottom