Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rough country would of been out if conditions were right. We leave for revy tomorrow so we will see how far we can make it up with the rzr if it looks good then we will take the sleds up i should have pics up fri/sat night even if we can get the sleds up its going to be a VERY mellow ride basically going for the scenery i dont want to bend a bulk head or something stupid before the good riding

We ripped Boulder and Frisby last season Nov 15th, it was a great time! Hoping same for this season, looking forward to the pics! Thanks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possible rain to 6400' last night. Not sure if that was both sides of the river valley but doesn't look good for next weekend right now. I was hoping that rain would be white stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possible rain to 6400' last night. Not sure if that was both sides of the river valley but doesn't look good for next weekend right now. I was hoping that rain would be white stuff.

Ya its been pouring at my place all nite and 7 right now

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah could be disappointing. The snow was starting to accumulate. Won't know for sure what it did until someone like Greg or anyone else around has a peek.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
This was yest. at the gate, 15 1/2 km. from parking lot, below Boulder cabin.

rscgate3.jpg

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup defiantly not riding the sleds this weekend that's for sure watched the rain take the snow line back up the mtns pretty high. Should have pics to post later today depending on if the hang over goes away..........spent way to much at the last drop last night. It's guna be a few weeks at this pace boys and girls it's just to warm out right now for snow.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here u go folks hope this gives u a good idea we hiked up from the gate there was someone else that took a sxs and/or a quad right to the cabin according to the book the club had the web cam and internet installed. Trail wasn't chewed up to bad a few mid ruts we hiked around boots just gumbo'd right up and it was dark when we got back to rzr so I worked for these pics lol it's going to be a few weeks yet tho unless we get stupid snow only about 6" at cabin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 714
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 728

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here u go folks hope this gives u a good idea we hiked up from the gate there was someone else that took a sxs and/or a quad right to the cabin according to the book the club had the web cam and internet installed. Trail wasn't chewed up to bad a few mid ruts we hiked around boots just gumbo'd right up and it was dark when we got back to rzr so I worked for these pics lol it's going to be a few weeks yet tho unless we get stupid snow only about 6" at cabin

Thanks for the good update.

I believe it was the club up there with there sidexside and quad.

It still won't be long. Once the temps drop with all the precip forecasted.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Revelstoke Snowmobile Club | Est. 1968, Snowmobiling in Revelstoke- Area 51, Boulder Mtn, Frisby Mtn, Griffin, Turtle, Begbie, Joss, McRae, Keystone, Sale, Caribou Basin, Hall

Yes club members were at the cabin yest. Water sealed the floor and did some wiring for the Yamacam. We are trying to get the camera up and running as soon as we can. There will be a designated page on the website to view the camera. Thanks Yamaha Motor Canada for sponsoring this project.
Are you able to view the FB post on the left side of the website home page without signing up for FB? Lots of updates there.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow -- thx to the club and Yamaha Canada --- this idea has been chatted about with our friends.. but thx to others who got it done --- all my web history will be YamaCam from now on... :p Unfortunately there is more snow in Calgary than on Boulder :mad:

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
I wish there was better news on the snow front cause needless to say I was a little taken back by the low snow pack was on Sale today. Last weekend we had the dirt bikes out and it was looking good, It was cold and rainy In town for most of the week so maybe 2-3' of fresh "NOT". A rain crust right to the top and no more snow then last Sunday, the bright side is about a 16" base frozen in. Thanks to Al for dragging out his sled all the way from Alberta for 1 hour ride , at least we never broke anything. Well until next weekend when we will try it again.
Thanks
Greg

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 1,015

J.d

Reaction score
Snow conditions for this coming weekend... Promising or not a chance of any sledding?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions for this coming weekend... Promising or not a chance of any sledding?

I would think you can look at the current information available and make an assessment from that?

Things can change quickly but it's going to have to change a lot for most people.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's going to start snowing later today --- BIG fat flakes --- better than rain... T

8675-30-9

Reaction score
10-4 on the wrists....had bout enuf o that!

Same here. Nov 11 always my first trip. But it's just some seat time. Cant go crazy. No pow turns or hitting pillows of pow. You can climb a little. I prefer to tread lightly in Nov so I don't slam something and break a sled or worse yet my wrists. :)

Top Bottom