Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Took the dirt bikes up Sale today for a look before dragging the snowbikes out. Craig and I hit snow at the bottom of the top cut block and gave up a couple Km's up the road. One more good dump and you could do a road and a easy alpine ride if the need to get out just can't wait. Looks like another storm and lower temps are on the way for the week. Might try to get away from the shop on Tuesday and take something out with a track on it.

Attachments

• sledding 001.jpg
    sledding 001.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 847
  • sledding 004.jpg
    sledding 004.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 838

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right outside of Revy, Down passed the ski hill. Lookin good, 8th weekend might be a go!! Yahhoo!!

It still needs a lot yet but it was absolutely pouring rain as we drove back to town and rained all night. The biggest problem right now is the mild temps in town. +6 c most of the morning which is keeping the snow line above 6000ft. Lots of precipitation in the forecast though.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to see 90cm at alpine. Then I am happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It still needs a lot yet but it was absolutely pouring rain as we drove back to town and rained all night. The biggest problem right now is the mild temps in town. +6 c most of the morning which is keeping the snow line above 6000ft. Lots of precipitation in the forecast though.

Got my fingers crossed, I like to do the 8th every year as my first trip because its my birthday. Some years the snow is pretty skinny, and some years its DEEP haha:beer:

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
Looks like people aren't doing their snow dances, really hoping we get a dump for Nov long, last 2 years were great but it's starting to look a little iffy...

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rough country would of been out if conditions were right. We leave for revy tomorrow so we will see how far we can make it up with the rzr if it looks good then we will take the sleds up i should have pics up fri/sat night even if we can get the sleds up its going to be a VERY mellow ride basically going for the scenery i dont want to bend a bulk head or something stupid before the good riding

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rough country would of been out if conditions were right. We leave for revy tomorrow so we will see how far we can make it up with the rzr if it looks good then we will take the sleds up i should have pics up fri/sat night even if we can get the sleds up its going to be a VERY mellow ride basically going for the scenery i dont want to bend a bulk head or something stupid before the good riding

Hopefully you keep that RZR below the last cut block on Boulder and not above the last cut block on Frisby. Both trails have closures to wheel motorized vehicles.

If you really need to get out with the RZR try Sale or Sprout Mountain.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you keep that RZR below the last cut block on Boulder and not above the last cut block on Frisby. Both trails have closures to wheel motorized vehicles.

If you really need to get out with the RZR try Sale or Sprout Mountain.

Got tracks :) no different then a sled also one can go upto the yellow gate and hike to the cabin about 1.4k

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
There was not enough snow last weekend but I have high hopes for this one coming up. It has been cold and rainy all week with a 3-4000' freezing level so any of the mountains that have roads to the top should be looking good. Some road and a little alpine riding should not get you into to much trouble but I would think it might be a little early for Boulder or Frisby. Post some pics if anyone is riding Friday or Saturday.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Nov 9th I probed 105cm in some spots. It would be nice to have that next weekend as it was rideable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom