Official Powder King/Beaver Creek Area Conditions 2013

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came through at 4am, was +5 no snow to be seen, but it was dark.

stocksucks!!

Reaction score
Well boys we tried to get to the powder king cabin on sat nov 23 and she was a bumpy trail. We only made it 6 miles up the trail that's where all the downed logs were 3ft-5ft in diameter and they were everywhere. There is at most 2 ft of snow 6 miles in. The trees and stumps and rocks just kept getting bigger.so we aborted and went to ride on the road of the power line where there is maybe 8" of snow.

Stupid4toys

Reaction score
i hear from other people that have been up there. Thats its pretty good conditions. I will be heading both to PK and Hazler this weekend.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a post from the Avy guys at pk on my Facebook, there is a major unstable layer. They dropped bombs for the chutes the hit the highway closed it for a bit, and another storm hitting tonight and tommorow. You can see pics at summit avalanche consultants on Facebook. The clean up at link creek makes a 966 loader look like a lawn tractor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BXP-88

Reaction score
[h=5]Summit Avalanche Consulting[/h]Yesterday

I dug a pit on Monday in the Pine Pass. What I found was a little concerning. I had an easy compression test result that slid the entire snowpack down to ground. About 5.5 feet of snow slid as one cohesive mass. In Mackenzie around Morfee mountain an avalanche released with an approx. 6 ft deep start zone (also included the whole seasons snowpack. I would exercise major caution in the backcountry right now. There are all kinds of layers hidden with the snowpack that are not adding strength but worsening with increased load and/or trigger. Please be careful, choose where you ride wisely.

Snow pack info for those of you that are riding these areas this weekend, from the Summit Avalanche Consulting Facebook Page be safe!

watthead

Reaction score
Rode Bijoux Yesterday 2 feet of fresh on 3 foot base, but there was poor visibility. Seems like there's good snow all through the Pine Pass.

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
Any update on beaver creek or silver sands snow conditions? Heading up that way next weekend.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what it's like now but Chetywnd is calling for snow this Monday Tuesday and Wednesday so should be good

rondun1

Reaction score
Was in PK yesterday Feb 07/14, Had a crust but snow was good. Was cold -22 but no wind. Only rode 3.5hrs.......froze. Would go again

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from bijoux, it was awesome. Headlight deep no tracks

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really I do not know the area to well, but we never did see the cabin. Rode a whole lot of creeks and meadows, never did see a single track New or old. It snowed hard all day Ass well

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not real familiar with the right side of the hwy either. So where did you park and go in. Did you cross the wood bridges that head in towards old friend.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody go to old friend this weekend? Or beaver? thinking of going this weekend just wondering what the conditions are like.

Top Bottom