Official Powder King/Beaver Creek Area Conditions 2013

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets have it. FSJ has 10" on the ground TODAY....wonder what its like up top?!:)

MR PRO 800

Reaction score
A buddy of mine lives in chetwynd he said lots of trucks with sleds were going to pk yesterday morning so boys whats the update

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine lives in chetwynd he said lots of trucks with sleds were going to pk yesterday morning so boys whats the update

They might have had sleds but I doubt they unloaded them... Friends up there last weekend said there is about a foot at the top of the T-Bar... Not so much down lower...

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the alpine trail and mount west trail at PK need 3 feet at the bottom, Beaver creek needs way more, its steep and winding. Easiest trail in that area at this time of year is Hassler and the Calzone. Riding before xmas is expensive always has.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the alpine trail and mount west trail at PK need 3 feet at the bottom, Beaver creek needs way more, its steep and winding. Easiest trail in that area at this time of year is Hassler and the Calzone. Riding before xmas is expensive always has.

haha...agreed!

i went out today around the block...just doing some heat cycles after the fresh top end. she is ready for another year!!

20121021_172929.jpg

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not looking so great on the hwy cam...anybody have any info???

snow JUST let up in FSJ...getting pumped!

20121030_112840.jpg

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the highway conditions through the Pine Pass? Coming through with the 28 ft on thursday?

WesG

Reaction score
Quick summary from the chetwynd club meeting. If anyone else was there and I put something down incorrectly please correct me as I did not take notes.

No
new closures for snowmobilers. The 1400m elevation was for summer atv's only not snowmobiles as per hunting regulations. I mentioned that the wording should be cleaned up to reflect this as I read the draft and thought it would include snowmobiles as well but it does not. Old friend/mt. reynolds stuff is still closed as it has been for some time. Same for Chamberlain. Industry was the focus of the draft and securing 90% of the best caribou habitat which they have done. BC Gov. has endorsed the draft in principle so it appears to be going forward.

They have built area maps for hasler, windfall, and wolverine which include avalanche path information as well as terrain type (4 types from easy to very complex). Maps for the other areas will be completed this year. Tenures for our riding areas have been expanded, some are already approved but more are are awaiting approval. FYI the tenures are only for the trails, the riding area itself cannot be protected via tenure.

The club has cleaned up and repaired the cabin at 7km on silversands AGAIN. Whomever thinks it is ok to shoot the effen thing full of holes and steal the splitting maul can go ride some other place. Also please pack out your garbage including cans. You managed to pack it in with you, you surely can fit the empty can in somewhere to take it out!

Parking was a hot topic. Plans are coming together to plow out the calazon across the bridge (new bridge decking this fall) to the big flat just across the train tracks. Murray range is looking like the park sign parking lot will be plowed (may be enlarged but not for sure yet) as well as down by the tunnel but we MUST leave BC rail access to the tunnels no plugging off the road(this will be a trial thing and may or may not continue based on results). Hasler parking is TBD as the coal company has a camp set up in the large parking lot and a heli pad in the smaller one, silversands is the same parking, Bijoux is the same. Remember more members = more parking and more snow plowing as the district and CRS help us out with this.

The club needs members. Higher numbers will aid us in land use issues in the future (both industry and wildlife). The chetwynd club is 70$ to join and can be purchased locally. It is part of the BCSF so you get the benefits that they provide club members as well. I will get a list of places up as soon as they are finalized. If you want a membership right away cat shack has them.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick summary from the chetwynd club meeting. If anyone else was there and I put something down incorrectly please correct me as I did not take notes.

No
new closures for snowmobilers. The 1400m elevation was for summer atv's only not snowmobiles as per hunting regulations. I mentioned that the wording should be cleaned up to reflect this as I read the draft and thought it would include snowmobiles as well but it does not. Old friend/mt. reynolds stuff is still closed as it has been for some time. Same for Chamberlain. Industry was the focus of the draft and securing 90% of the best caribou habitat which they have done. BC Gov. has endorsed the draft in principle so it appears to be going forward.

They have built area maps for hasler, windfall, and wolverine which include avalanche path information as well as terrain type (4 types from easy to very complex). Maps for the other areas will be completed this year. Tenures for our riding areas have been expanded, some are already approved but more are are awaiting approval. FYI the tenures are only for the trails, the riding area itself cannot be protected via tenure.

The club has cleaned up and repaired the cabin at 7km on silversands AGAIN. Whomever thinks it is ok to shoot the effen thing full of holes and steal the splitting maul can go ride some other place. Also please pack out your garbage including cans. You managed to pack it in with you, you surely can fit the empty can in somewhere to take it out!

Parking was a hot topic. Plans are coming together to plow out the calazon across the bridge (new bridge decking this fall) to the big flat just across the train tracks. Murray range is looking like the park sign parking lot will be plowed (may be enlarged but not for sure yet) as well as down by the tunnel but we MUST leave BC rail access to the tunnels no plugging off the road(this will be a trial thing and may or may not continue based on results). Hasler parking is TBD as the coal company has a camp set up in the large parking lot and a heli pad in the smaller one, silversands is the same parking, Bijoux is the same. Remember more members = more parking and more snow plowing as the district and CRS help us out with this.

The club needs members. Higher numbers will aid us in land use issues in the future (both industry and wildlife). The chetwynd club is 70$ to join and can be purchased locally. It is part of the BCSF so you get the benefits that they provide club members as well. I will get a list of places up as soon as they are finalized. If you want a membership right away cat shack has them.

Thank you for the information. It is really appreciated.

Could you let people know when memberships are available.

Also I don't want to sound dump but could you provide more info on this "Old friend/mt. reynolds stuff is still closed as it has been for some time'

Again thanks for sharing info, it's really important for people to understand what is going on in our riding areas!!!!!

WesG

Reaction score
Memberships are available at the cat shack anytime. They were working on a list of local venders that would carry membership books so that they can be purchased at a number of places in the future. I would suggest going to the shack as they are the local sled shop.

Fish and Wildlife - Natural Resource Operations - Province of British Columbia

Follow the link and look at #42 (top of the map). The info is there along with links to GPS coordinates if you are new to the area.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! We have never rode Old friend or the Reynolds. PK is about all we have explored out your way

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Memberships are available at the cat shack anytime. They were working on a list of local venders that would carry membership books so that they can be purchased at a number of places in the future. I would suggest going to the shack as they are the local sled shop.

Fish and Wildlife - Natural Resource Operations - Province of British Columbia

Follow the link and look at #42 (top of the map). The info is there along with links to GPS coordinates if you are new to the area.

Wow, there sure is a lot of closed area in northern BC

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
Enbridge? If the leftwing nuts ever figure out snowmobiles ride right of ways, Enbridge will never get a permit to build a pipeline.
All those professional protesters are convinced snowmobiles riding anywhere outside the city limits will kill all the wildlife.
Apartment dwellers out number us by 10,000 to 1, so whatever they believe matters, and we suck.

Top Bottom