Official Kakwa Conditions

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ITS ALMOST TIME FOLKS!! Frost on the windshield!! Avy conditions, snow conditions, anything and everything Kakwa.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our camp is almost ready to head in for the winter! Had a little skiff of snow south and west of town today.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
1378250_760622560630352_927709520_n.jpg

Info for campers in the Kakwa area, as well as anyone looking to be apart of our club. AGM is a great place to bring your concerns and opinions!

PipeKing

Reaction score
Cant wait, weather we come in from BC or AB, it don't matter, I am not prejudice to snow !!!

Last edited:

B-Mac

Reaction score
How did the meeting go? I only had time to get my camping permit and pass because of work. Did i miss anything important? What was discussed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

HCR800<3

Reaction score
How did the meeting go? I only had time to get my camping permit and pass because of work. Did i miss anything important? What was discussed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Meeting was good, only thing really that was discussed was where the money from camp permit fees increase was going. And to expect another increase next year.. And a few positions in the club opened up. Nothing too different than previous ones! Swan City's FB page and website have alot of the info you're looking for if you need.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Currently, Weyerhaeuser is repairing the Stetson Hill and will be there for another 2 weeks so we can expect road closures for up to 4 hours to install culverts. Please be very careful around the construction site and be sure you maintain radio contact. So far they do not plan on working the weekend for Saturday, Nov 2nd - camp in date

Please remember we are sharing the road with many users so please ensure our club shows respect and obeys the post speed,slow down for the wrapper checks and maintain radio contact.

FYI Weyerhaeuser has contacted the RCMP to patrol the road.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Anybody been through broadview and Cecil lake and back through Cecil medows

I think few guys have been back to Cecille but the creek and river are still opened up quite a bit, maybe after all this new snow and colder temps it has froze up. All I know is that a lot of people went swimming the past few days!

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swiming in the river or on Cecial? We rode up to Buchanan falls on Friday it was awesome in the back of broadview.tons of fresh stuff and deep.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Swiming in the river or on Cecial? We rode up to Buchanan falls on Friday it was awesome in the back of broadview.tons of fresh stuff and deep.

Swimming in the creeks all over in the meadows.. Laglace Lake got someone in a creek on the way in, and I gave some guys a bunjee and ratchet rope just off Wabamun Lake.. And I have heard of a couple others around the area and seen a couple people drying off at the cabin. Last I heard the river was slushy still. That was on New Years though. As of last night 6'' of fresh at the staging area.

PipeKing

Reaction score
Any condition updates coming in from GP side? Thinking of going in tomorrow.

Top Bottom