Official 2015/2016 Fernie conditions

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope it dumps tonight! It's definitely needed I tried every aspect up coal creek today as well as tight trees steep slopes drainages all elevations and there's a nasty ice layer under 4" of fresh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes! I sure hope the temps stay cool and that the ski hill alpine weather forecast is correct and just dumps and reloads! Although I am headed to Grizzly lodge Friday, but we need a reload in Fernie.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I am riding the next two days here then off to Sicamous so hopefully it reloads tonight Shaun

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Much better! Except my name. Shaun

Well...........it is Irish/Gaelic according to Yahoo and there is a great choice. I will try to remember the way your name is spelled.

Sean is Gaelic for John which means God is Gracious...
Alternative spellings..
Seann
Shaun
Shawn
Shaan
Shon
Shohn
Chon
Chone
Shean
Shaune
Shawne
Chawn
Chaun
Cean
Shauhn
Chauhn
Cheahn
Chohn
I prefer Sean myself though..

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's what we had to work with today
f6962afd8f4552a25108388146752e1c.jpg

a95f6ce03453fdfa983501fe5b668f5d.jpg

ab46e467af4791dac625dd1399726f1c.jpg

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you got your wish. Woke up for work and Sparwood got snow!
Sure hope it dumps tonight! It's definitely needed I tried every aspect up coal creek today as well as tight trees steep slopes drainages all elevations and there's a nasty ice layer under 4" of fresh

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today we had a mix of rain, snow, fog and lots of wind.
For the weekend I would play it safe and stay off any substantial slopes as we found that the new snow layer which was anywhere from 4-8" is slabbing off extremely easy even on mellow terrain and in the trees

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice video, always fun to see all the tries that never make the usual final cut! Guessing the sled at the end didn't care so well?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

2skis

Reaction score
Nice video, always fun to see all the tries that never make the usual final cut! Guessing the sled at the end didn't care so well?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

$2700 in damage. We pulled the a-arm out and he rode it out. Of course it was the first day so he had to chill in hotel room while we brapped, we did double him up the last day and let him take turns on our sleds

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have continued to plow the Lodgepole/Harvey/Flathead road south of the Mclatchie road turnoff? (down to the 85km range).

I heard they have stopped the logging operations way south on the Flathead...trying to figure out what shape the road is in. Was there about three weeks ago and the road was plowed and in good shape.

Top Bottom