Official 2015/2016 Fernie conditions

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure people who want to ride Elkford would be appreciative of your updates in that thread if you rode there. If I ride revy I post in the revy thread, just trying to better the community ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2skis

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!!
Yeah this area is just and endless playground!
bingo1010 I used iMovie on my Mac to edit this video.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!!
Yeah this area is just and endless playground!
bingo1010 I used iMovie on my Mac to edit this video.
Endless playground is right. I can see why you guys keep going back to that area. Definitely not going to be my last time sledding out there.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide some detail on what roads in the Morrissey area are ploughed and how far in? Sounds like Lodgepole is ploughed, what about Wigwam and Cabin? Anyway to get hold of current logging plans for Lodgepole?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Can anyone provide some detail on what roads in the Morrissey area are ploughed and how far in? Sounds like Lodgepole is ploughed, what about Wigwam and Cabin? Anyway to get hold of current logging plans for Lodgepole?

Shawn, the big logging push right now is MacLatchie. Radio contact (VHF radios) is a must for the LodgePole. I haven't been down there this winter but guys are riding Ram and south. I have no idea what the road is like into Ram with this warm weather. I would assume they are staging at the junction of the Wigwam and LodgePole. My understanding is that they are finished logging south of MacLatchie. Hope this helps and maybe someone can add some more info......

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how the trails are holding up in fernie don't like to drive on gravel much . I need to know wheather to use the deck or the 4 place will still work. Thanks

Top Bottom