Official 2015/2016 Fernie conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another awesome day of wind lips, untracked meadows, and trees...............

Frame-16-02-2016-08-07-40.jpg

Frame-16-02-2016-08-26-30.jpg

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is sad to see! We rode last Friday/Saturday but it was all rained out! So between my sled running like garbage, and my old man hurting himself we decided to drive home Sunday. Apparently we made a mistake!! :crying3:

The heavy/wet snow definitely helped for some adventuring though!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another exciting day. New area to me and lots of untracked in the trees. Snow was sticky in the afternoon and there was new snow/rain. Didn't pay attention to the freezing level but we rode in snow flakes for most of the day. Not any exciting pictures as we were too busy with riding and stucks. A little steeper today with some excitement and not just the boring, plain Jane tree riding.

IMG_4082.jpg

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another exciting day. New area to me and lots of untracked in the trees. Snow was sticky in the afternoon and there was new snow/rain. Didn't pay attention to the freezing level but we rode in snow flakes for most of the day. Not any exciting pictures as we were too busy with riding and stucks. A little steeper today with some excitement and not just the boring, plain Jane tree riding.

View attachment 194754

Hey...I know that spot, i recognize that tree on the left...

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's raining in town right now.

Looks like 4 or 5 cm on the Griz cam at the ski hill.

One of the two ski hill weather stations is not reporting and the other one is not up to date. Scroll to the bottom of the data for the latest temperatures

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It started snowing this morning at the Matheson corner. Snowed all day up top and there is probably an accumulation of wet heavy snow 30 cm deep. Some wind blown pockets along the power line were easily 60 cm. It will be sweet tomorrow. BBQ'd home made deer/pork sausages washed down with a slosh or two of ale for lunch for this group from Speedy Creek and area......

IMG_4084.jpg

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It started snowing this morning at the Matheson corner. Snowed all day up top and there is probably an accumulation of wet heavy snow 30 cm deep. Some wind blown pockets along the power line were easily 60 cm. It will be sweet tomorrow. BBQ'd home made deer/pork sausages washed down with a slosh or two of ale for lunch for this group from Speedy Creek and area......

View attachment 194786

That's good to hear (here) ;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I noticed FAR reported 10 cm for the last 24 hours. There is at least 30 cm (might be accumulated from the last two days) of fresh on the leeward side of "Snow Ghost Ridge" and in some places it will be deeper. Along the ridge it should be blower conditions this morning.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another local story that I can't find the history of, is this name carved on a litchen laden dead tree. I found it when I was marking out the Family Friendly trail in between the Wrangler's Cabin and the Rolling Hills cabin. It has become known as the "Ole Meadows" in some circles.

View attachment 194635
Lol, that's funny I was with Ole when he carved that tree.

ren

Reaction score
riding Sunday with +1 possibly but looking for others to ride with.
Comfortable going almost anywhere, self sufficient in the back country, full avy gear and avy 2.
We have been exploring rolling hills and morrissey pipe lines in to the alpine....
Any crew want to take on 1 or 2 more. we have beer, digging /roll over skills to pay the bills and good peeps to be around.
drop me a line her or 403-973-7543
Ren

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
35cm this morning at the ski hill. That means 50cm up coal creek! Drop your c@ck and grab your socks. Time to ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom