Off-breed utv's

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all most of the parts on your polaris come from china as well. As for your questions... The diff's are made in japan. It has 1 7/8" drive shafts that have been working great at over 100 hp. No belts or wet clutches because of a direct drive transmission, avaliable in manual or auto.(belt drive's suck for racing rob power and burn clutches under to much load). The frame has thicker gussets with aluminium A-arm reinforcements and polyurithane bushings. The brakes have been upgraded but I do not know the specs. You can call Ruesch a knock-off all you want but they will outperform any other brand and will prove it on the race track. I've been talking to local MX tracks as well as the second gear club to start running a UTV class for next year. You are welcome to come and show what you've got.

My motor, trans,diffs,frame,tires DO NOT come from China.
What parts come from China for a Polaris,if your sure about this please be specific. Are you just saying this or can you prove that most of a Polaris is from China ?
As far as belt drives go,have you ever heard of a snowmobile? Some of them are running 3 times the of HP of your utv with little ploblems.Ride a turbo nytro,it puts power to the ground, i assure you ..lol

It depends on what you call out perform .Are you talking,muding,trail riding,duneing,drag racing.? I ride with a LOT of utv`s and no one bought one to take to the MX track ! Bring the knock off to some places we go,it won`t last a day.
I have owed one of these chinos ,do you own and drive a Ruesch? I speak from personal experiance ,do you?What races have Ruesch won,Baja ,score,PIAA-utv ? Burning donuts in a parking lot does not make a superior UTV......

shaneallan

Reaction score
Yes I own a Ruesch and have been in Rhinos and RZR's. (The new RZR S is sweet). I also have to agree with you that the promo drift video is not the best quality. I believe that the Dana Creech team has ordered 3 three machines to race this year as well Ruesch is looking for a driver for BAHA. Last year was the first production run and the 09's will not be in canada till summer. I'll be out on the trail's this spring with my 08 to see how it stands up but I rode it every week end all winter and it's running great. In the summer I'll have a 4 seater long travel 1000 to play with.

shaneallan

Reaction score
go to read the article called "little white lie" it list just some off the parts that come from china on a Polaris.

Last edited:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here this was taken from the same website
looks like they are chinese after all

"This is where Joyner and Ruesch have really found their nitch. Two seasoned companies that have figured China out, and are having their product manufactured exclusively. They aren’t for everyone because they actually have rules like the big boys but the protection they offer is priceless.

Be careful out there. What looks like a good opportunity all too often turns into a container full of junk in a hurry"

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from there website, i hope this proves to everyone where these machines are made once and for all.....

UTV SIDE X SIDE UTV SIDE X SIDE UTV SIDE X SIDE UTV SIDE X SIDE

HOME ABOUT CONTACT CONSUMER DEALER FAQ
2009 PRODUCT GALLERY VIDEOS 100%FINANCING WARRANTY PARTS RUESCH NEWS

QUALITY DESIGN

RUESCH is building the cheapest machine coming out of China, but rather the most expensive. Under the direction of an American/German group of engineers and designers, the RUESCH machine is designed and managed by professionals in every aspect of off road performance. The manufacturing of our vehicles is not just overseen by RUESCH but rather the entire management of the factory is performed by RUESCH executives who live in China and work to guarantee the quality and production necessary to support our dealer network.

UNIQUE BUSINESS MODEL

NEW IDEAS

MANUFACTURING

We first began by discerning the best place for manufacturing. We discovered that most of the components for other machines were manufactured in China and shipped to Japan for assembly which was ridiculous when Chinas greatest commodity is their labor force so we chose China for manufacturing and assembly.

OUTSIDE EXPENSES

AREA PROTECTION

The top OEM's do a good job of protecting their dealers, but all the rest fall short in this area. The primary reason is that they have not made the investment in the design and development of their own product. Companies like Roketa, Tank, Qlink and others are not manufactures but rather wholesalers of other's product. There are 14 companies in China that make UTV's and are doing anyting to sell into the American market. Consequently they have simply taken a machine that is available to any wholesaler or dealer and put their name on it. The result is that they have no contole over the vehicle and they can not offer protection because even if they will not sell to the dealer across the street, the manufacturer will. Worse yet, these manufacturers will sell sample units to anyone who calls professing to be a dealer.

PRICE PROTECTION

MARKETING

shaneallan

Reaction score
This article was written in the begining of 2008 talking about the 500cc original and I think you left out part of the article. The 09 machines with the 1000 engine that are made in the USA and will not be released until summer at which point the web site will be updated. Here is the whole article.

We first began by discerning the best place for manufacturing. We discovered that most of the components for other machines were manufactured in China and shipped to Japan for assembly which was ridiculous when Chinas greatest commodity is their labor force so we chose China for manufacturing and assembly. Others predominantly buy everything from China but ship to Japan for the false impression of stating "made in Japan" This eliminated unnecessary shipping costs and reduced the cost of assembly significantly. We also Found that Polaris and Yamaha were both already manufacturing complete vehicles in China out of desperation to be competitive which evidenced the inevitable. China was the future for everyone regardless of who they were.

If anyone has concerns about the quality I would be happy to go for a ride in the summer when I get my new one to compare.

crewcabguy

Reaction score
well,, Interesting as they are,,,,, where are they??,,, I have looked and ,,,well they aint easy to find,, at least not in Alberta?,,making me think,,,,hmmm?,, what a shame,

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well,, Interesting as they are,,,,, where are they??,,, I have looked and ,,,well they aint easy to find,, at least not in Alberta?,,making me think,,,,hmmm?,, what a shame,

There was a fellow at my employers last fall asking if we wanted to be a Rousch dealer. We wanted a couple demos and to have a look for ourselves,.. he never did call back, nor has shown up since.

hammerbike

Reaction score
Used stuff scares me, I have a couple buddys with Rhino's (one has since swithced to a RZR) I've seen how they get driven, one guy has not made a trip yet without breaking an axle in his Rhino, and thats with stock tires. But the other has never broken an axle and they both drive the same way. So I like to stick to new.

I have done the Jeep thing on big tires, I currently have a samurai that I built a complete tube chassis for and I put coil springs and 4 link all around. I used a fuel injected Tracker engine in it, but samurai axles are weak, so they break, a lot. Believe me pulling an atv axle is a lot easier and cleaner than pulling bearings etc to get those axles out. ATV's are way more convenient.

Anyway thanks for the rely's and I have begun the search for an old model but still new Rhino from a dealership, and since Yamaha is releasing the new Rhino on Feb 10, there should be some around. One dealership I talked to is quite upset that after the release he will be stuck with all his 700 Rhinos an no one will want them...............
That's what I did! In August 2009, I bought a new 2008 Prowler XTX700EFI from T&T Powersports in Bonnyville, give Terry a call! See what he's got and what he can deal on!
Honest, no BS guy, great dealer, great product, a winning combination! I have over 2000 kms on mine now and it is awesome with no issues at all!

T2lizzard

Reaction score
I think it all depends on what your lookin for. I ride an 08 joyner Trooper T2 and I love it. had some issues with it when i got it like rear driveshaft failure and unfortunatly it punched a hole in the oilpan but the good news is that it has a STEEL oil pan and not an aluminum case like most units so all i did was take it off, beat it back into shape and hit-er with the mig welder. D-O-N-E. bet it would have cost more to fix a rhino. found out that joyner upgraded the rear shafts with CV instead of U-joints and once I put one on you cant HOLD-ON just stand on-er and she climbes anything. My riding buddies called it the POOPER when i got it but now they wait at the bottom for me to check trails. Its AWSOME if you dont mind spending some time adjusting the susension and up-grading the winch. Oh and I love the storage space and the spare tire mount. This unit seems to run cool all the time even on the most steep and long climbs unlike the yami's and can-am's. If you have time to tinker with your ride I definatly recomend a trooper, just ask your dealer about the up-graded CV drive shaft.

Top Bottom