nytrous kit on summit rev

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i'm thinking of getting a nytrous kit on my summit, but i'm wondering what kinda things to look out for and be careful about? and what do the kits cost about price range?

don4802

Reaction score
so i'm thinking of getting a nytrous kit on my summit, but i'm wondering what kinda things to look out for and be careful about? and what do the kits cost about price range?
I've been looking into that for my sled and I found the prices can range from around $750 - $1300 with control box included depending what kinda deal you can find. I have a boondocker nitrous kit complete with the control box that I got for $750. Sweet deal I think. SLP has prices on there web page, and Boondocker has some deals. Also check out PA Motorsports ( Power Addiction Motorsports ). Your sled is EFI so the control box does all the work and you will have to do some tuning in the nitrous setting. You shouldn't have to touch the other settings because the ECU will be running normal as if there was no nitrous until the button is pressed and then the control box takes over. Mix some AV fuel for some extra protection on your engine. Also if your sled is stock just be aware of pushing your sled to hard with the nitrous. Start at the lower HP setting like 20-30HP and see how your sled responds. Too much boost (HP) on a stock sled will not work good. You have clutching, piston, plugs and other things to consider when modifing your sled. Whenever you give your sled and extra 30 - 40 or even 50HP on your sled by a puch of a button it makes you sled a different beast and you need to have your sled ready or you pockes will get thin. I think Nitrous is an inexpresive way to get HP and is safe if setup properly. Hope this helps. Have fun.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
his sled is carburated.

i run a few boondocker nitrous kits on the rev and they are amazing. i havent had a single issue yet. one of the revs has about 30 bottles through it and the engine shows no sign of excess wear.

the boondocker kits run about 600-700 BUT you NEED the adjustable regulator.

this is a knob you turn that determines the HP shot. 10-50hp. and also determines if you run race fuel or not.

the key is to have it setup properly so your machine is not leaning out on the button.

if you want to have a shop setup and tune a boondockers kit it would be about 1500$

don4802

Reaction score
his sled is carburated.

i run a few boondocker nitrous kits on the rev and they are amazing. i havent had a single issue yet. one of the revs has about 30 bottles through it and the engine shows no sign of excess wear.

this is a knob you turn that determines the HP shot. 10-50hp. and also determines if you run race fuel or not.

the key is to have it setup properly so your machine is not leaning out on the button.

if you want to have a shop setup and tune a boondockers kit it would be about 1500$
Isn't there nozzles for how huch nitrous you want to inject, 3 hole, 4 hole etc.. for different HP shots? Can't you run it without the regulator, and don't you have that option in the controller box (with or w/o regulator)? I'm just wondering, because the kit I have gives me those options.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't there nozzles for how huch nitrous you want to inject, 3 hole, 4 hole etc.. for different HP shots? Can't you run it without the regulator, and don't you have that option in the controller box (with or w/o regulator)? I'm just wondering, because the kit I have gives me those options.

ya if you dont get the regulator you need to change the nozzles. pita compared to turning a dial on your dash when you really want to blow someone out of the water or put it on mild and run pump gas

and there is no controller box for skidoo sleds as they are carb machines that is why i reccomend the adjustable regulator for skidoo machines. it regulates the flow so you always get a constant shot no matter what setting your on.

snowdrifter

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the boss noss 2 bottle systems? No control box needed even on EFI and can have race fuel in the fuel supply bottle so dont have to waste it when not on the button. Anyone has some experience to share?

don4802

Reaction score
ya if you dont get the regulator you need to change the nozzles. pita compared to turning a dial on your dash when you really want to blow someone out of the water or put it on mild and run pump gas

and there is no controller box for skidoo sleds as they are carb machines that is why i reccomend the adjustable regulator for skidoo machines. it regulates the flow so you always get a constant shot no matter what setting your on.
Thanks for the clarification, and I'm not tring to be a smart ass. I guess you learn something everyday.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi there well since you seem to know a bit about this, i just bought a cold fusion kit (wet) to install on a 04 rev with a regulator so i have two concerns ,frist what pressure is safe to run for 20-30hp (stock engine) kind of a get me out of hear shot, second it is set up to plum into the fule line whould it be better to run an external fuel tank with better fuel , if so what kind of pump, pressure relief or just acuated when the button is pushed relay swiched on\off any info would be great i want to start to install it thinks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the boss noss 2 bottle systems? No control box needed even on EFI and can have race fuel in the fuel supply bottle so dont have to waste it when not on the button. Anyone has some experience to share?

ive tried 2. didnt work....compared to the boondockers anyways. maybe installed incorrectly?

i sure do like the 2 bottle idea though....but you can do this with any system

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
his sled is carburated.

Which is the best shop for this to be done at? IYO. Thanks

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glen at spindrift powersports in mcbride BC.

OR specialty sleds in edmonton alberta.

i have a nitrous injected rev you guys should see go if you get a chance this winter.

Have had nothing but good to say about my last dealings with Glen. I will have to plan a trip that way! Thanks

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would assum U can ad the adjustable regulator to any kit? Found a kit for $600 with CF bottle brand new, which I would perfer the Alum bottle but oh well.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The latest experience i've had with NOS was last year up in McBride i rode with a guy from Grande Prairie that had it on his REV and never did get it to work he figured it was froze up but he was in there with my linesman pliers trying to bleed here and there but i have no idea what type of system he was running. Does the Boondocker fog the box or inject right into the carb?

Top Bottom