Nytro Turbo or 2012 Summit?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya sledslut knows..

.....that you just can't get away with running 19lbs of boost on pump gas. Well you can get away with it for a while, but after 10,000km and losing your coolant, it might bite you ;)

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know if you buy from any VP distrubutor 20L is about 75$ those were the numbers im using. but obviously there are other options

Yes there are, but the boosted sled and fuel and four stroke are all options you don't like, and they don't say skud on the box, so.....you'll just keep bashing (very insidiously) cause we should all just agree with whatever you think. Sheessh, man get over yourself. What an ego.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes there are, but the boosted sled and fuel and four stroke are all options you don't like, and they don't say skud on the box, so.....you'll just keep bashing (very insidiously) cause we should all just agree with whatever you think. Sheessh, man get over yourself. What an ego.

nfk!!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I went from an 08 XP to an 08 Turbo apex and have really enjoyed it so far. Riding style is definitely different on both sleds but I am having more fun on the turbo handsdown. :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there are, but the boosted sled and fuel and four stroke are all options you don't like, and they don't say skud on the box, so.....you'll just keep bashing (very insidiously) cause we should all just agree with whatever you think. Sheessh, man get over yourself. What an ego.

ive dealt with race fuels and modded sleds more than enough to know its a pain in the ass. thats just my opinion.

where do you get off saying they are options i dont like? been on a few boosted nytros and they are a ton of fun. what im saying is they will not work for everyone. if we all had 50 grand sitting around im sure alot of us would have both. the big t nytro is just not good for certain conditions and riding styles. you would have to have your head stuck int he sand to say its the perfect all around sled. i would have one too if i could afford the both. it would come out on 4 foot deep bluebird days where it would shine best.

i realize you get a big rush out of bashing me because alot of people agree with you and it puts you on some sort of high horse.

the thread title is 2012 summit or turbo nytro. i gave my opinion based on what i see on the mountains not what you see sitting in your rocking chair you grumy old fawk.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

HA your nytro could barely climb the bunny hill from that show you put on that one day in westridge. ill remember that next time you ask me for help or parts :nono:

just becaus you think your nitro is gods greatest gift to man doesnt mean everyone else thinks so. trust me look what people say to me when i talk about a summit ffs:eek:. just becasue im the only one on this site who will say the nitro isnt for everyone :nono:

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HA your nytro could barely climb the bunny hill from that show you put on that one day in westridge. ill remember that next time you ask me for help or parts :nono:

just becaus you think your nitro is gods greatest gift to man doesnt mean everyone else thinks so. trust me look what people say to me when i talk about a summit ffs:eek:. just becasue im the only one on this site who will say the nitro isnt for everyone :nono:

So About them T-Nytros... :cool:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread is getting so out of hand. its funny.. its completly off topic. this needs to get cleaned out and back on topic!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread is getting so out of hand. its funny.. its completly off topic. this needs to get cleaned out and back on topic!!

were on topic drew :d

nitros are sweet if thats what your into

summits are sweet if thats what your into

cant compare the two even in the slightest.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode both and this is how i feel

Get on the Nytro and climb hills, do jumps *up hill*, take stupid crazy vertical lines that would make most people ch!t their pants

Get off Nytro (cause now yer tired and don't wanna ride it anywhere else or you did everything that was extremely challenging and now everything else seems like a bunny hill)

Get on Doo and boondock like no other, clip trees with the ski as you carve between trees just wide enough for the sled, really show you can technically ride without 300hp and take lines that make people go wow and still have energy to keep going.

Ill ride a Nytro if a buddy in the group wants to share or ride a doo for a bit, but other than riding hills i won't touch it. You also need to think, with a turbo your limitless to where you can go, and some of those places you may not want to be and you wouldn't have looked twice on a stocker.

The new Etec is so easy to carve now and the instant throttle response is stupid, can do 180's on a dime with ease!

Ride em both through ALL Terran you like to ride and which ever works for you then go with that. I know how i ride and where i like to ride, also the added challenge of getting into areas makes sledding fun and not being able to one-shot everything. Ill stick with my 2smoke

GL with your decision

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2010 nytro T 180mcx this year, some people love thiers but mine was a tank that tired you out fast, plus the rear mount turbo built up probably 50lbs of ice when riding, if you are in great shape maybe an ok tree sled, but that is not where it shines. A good 800 of your choice is way better suited to the trees, it just runs out of power compared to the NT. What I liked great hill climber, nice on trail, elec start, no stink. What I did not, weight, really heavy steering, engine braking, ice buildup and depreciation. If I bought another T it would be a 2012 M1100T 13,500 and sounds like way better balanced.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The TN is a great sled if you want to spend some loot. the new nytros handle way better in the trees then the older models due to the newer style rear skid. You can tree ride them just fine but be prepaired for when you do get stuck. shovels are crucial!!!
the 800's are a sweet ride too but your losing strength and reliability. the front ends are weak compared to the nytro.

The choice is yours and you have to live with what you purchase.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my turbo is not a nitro it's an apex I don't have 50 g into it but if and when I get it stuck I can actually dig it out alone ( I had to do it in waist deep powder). It is lightened to within 70 lb of an xp (both dry weight). But like everyone says take the time and ride them both, choose the one that is best for you. And enjoy riding that's what it is all about.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my turbo is not a nitro it's an apex I don't have 50 g into it but if and when I get it stuck I can actually dig it out alone ( I had to do it in waist deep powder). It is lightened to within 70 lb of an xp (both dry weight). But like everyone says take the time and ride them both, choose the one that is best for you. And enjoy riding that's what it is all about.

same here! 9 times out of 10 i'm stuck all alone and I just take my time and get it out by myself.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
One thing to keep in mind there is a new aftermarket Nytro front suspension due out this fall, that is supposed to give the Nytro some serious carving and sidehilling abilties.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get both.....lol

have you riden both???

I am also considering this path.....

Last edited:

HighonBoost

Reaction score
my 2 cents... 6000k trouble free on my 153 "nytro, all at 14lbs on 91 oct. everything is still stock minus bars, hood etc.. power is nice, will keep up with any 2smoke in the trees, and will outclimb anything but turbo's with longer tracks and better skids... all in what you get used to. Worst part about the sled are the running boards, and the metric tonnage you have to lift when its stuck. Next sled will probably be an XP though.

Top Bottom