Nytro Turbo or 2012 Summit?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, this comparison again!? Why not a turbo Nytro to a turbo anything else. A stock Summit to a Turbo anything is a such an absurd debate.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
my 2 cents... 6000k trouble free on my 153 "nytro, all at 14lbs on 91 oct. everything is still stock minus bars, hood etc.. power is nice, will keep up with any 2smoke in the trees, and will outclimb anything but turbo's with longer tracks and better skids... all in what you get used to. Worst part about the sled are the running boards, and the metric tonnage you have to lift when its stuck. Next sled will probably be an XP though.

Yes, the boards are not very good on the most of the manufacturer's sleds. You need a set of these. :cool:

IMG_1308.jpg

I was actually surpised to read in a recent wet weight comparision of the 800 mountain sleds and the Nytro MTX that the wet weight of the Nytro was within 50 pounds of the Arctic Cat and the Ski Doo. The Polaris was the real light weight of the bunch.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, this comparison again!? Why not a turbo Nytro to a turbo anything else. A stock Summit to a Turbo anything is a such an absurd debate.

No more absurd than comparing a stock nytro to a stock 800 any brand as the nytro is only a 600 class sled.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you turbo the nytro then it could be compared to the cat 180 to 180hp, stock to stock not even close as the nytro is 130hp stock.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My two sled choices at the beginning if the season were the new summit 800 and the nytro. After speaking to a few local diehards who have ran both the turbos and the stockers. They both suggested the ETEC for out if the box fun reliability and power. The nytro is fine once turboed like you plan but with mods come wrenching. If that's your thing then by all means. One if my buddies who I talked to is Chad from CR racing so his opinion was well valued. The other guy is Casey darke also from Kelowna who had a turbo apex then a turbo nytro and now looking at getting a stock summit 163 because he is done with turbos and everything that goes with them. More weigh more fuel more wrenching and so on.

Here is a few shota of my buddy Casey on his apex turbo and nytro turbo. So when a guy like this with these kind of sleds want to trade them in for a stock summit there has to be something up
868c37e0.jpg

84a3eeca.jpg

8bf04eee.jpg

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

This is a very retarded converstaion that keeps happening OVER and OVER. People need to find a new way to brag about stuff. Why ask "which is better"? its just going to start a fight. That would be the same as someone asking me.... Hey man what should I get??? This dump truck..... or this chevette....... I cant decide. They are both good machines, But at the same time they are at two opposite ends of the scale depending on what your doing... And I read somewhere on here....A turbo nytro running av gas will outlast a doo? Hmmmmmm...... Maybe mine becuase its a tree magnet, But I highley doubt that.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My two sled choices at the beginning if the season were the new summit 800 and the nytro. After speaking to a few local diehards who have ran both the turbos and the stockers. They both suggested the ETEC for out if the box fun reliability and power. The nytro is fine once turboed like you plan but with mods come wrenching. If that's your thing then by all means. One if my buddies who I talked to is Chad from CR racing so his opinion was well valued. The other guy is Casey darke also from Kelowna who had a turbo apex then a turbo nytro and now looking at getting a stock summit 163 because he is done with turbos and everything that goes with them. More weigh more fuel more wrenching and so on.

Here is a few shota of my buddy Casey on his apex turbo and nytro turbo. So when a guy like this with these kind of sleds want to trade them in for a stock summit there has to be something up
868c37e0.jpg

84a3eeca.jpg

8bf04eee.jpg

thank you,, great opinions

that black/white Nytro is a sick looking machine I love it...

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

868c37e0.jpg

84a3eeca.jpg

8bf04eee.jpg

Umm he has a 2010 Summit 163. Where have you been sleeping, and how long??

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, did he get one? ive been gone for 6 weeks, we were talking about it before i left on holidays

LOL
He snowchecked the 2010 back in the fall of 2009. Him and Riley got identical sleds. Pretty sure he still has it.
When he got it he was telling me about the fun factor of having the XP. Plus he was sick and tired of all the retards with "turbonitis" that tagged along and would trash their sleds, injure themselves..etc.. and always having to help them... LOL

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL
He snowchecked the 2010 back in the fall of 2009. Him and Riley got identical sleds. Pretty sure he still has it.
When he got it he was telling me about the fun factor of having the XP. Plus he was sick and tired of all the retards with "turbonitis" that tagged along and would trash their sleds, injure themselves..etc.. and always having to help them... LOL

Yea I just talked to him. Says he has a 09 163 and it's for sale. He just snow checked a 2012. Him and chads opinions is what steered me into the summit over the nytro

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks everybody, I've decided on the nytro. Should be picking it up sometime this weekend :d

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks everybody, I've decided on the nytro. Should be picking it up sometime this weekend :d

You won't regret it. They are a great sled. My low boost is at 6000 km and the first issue I have had is rollers on my primary are worn. Oh. And it was stalling on bumps and took me awhile to figure out it was The positive cable on the battery came loose. Mcx turbo it and never look back.

Andrew

Top Bottom