Nytro Relevance

SRT

Reaction score
Hey there. My buddy ha a 2013 Arctic Cat M8 Sno Pro and I have a 2011 Nytro with 180 HP turbo. The other day we had them out at a local spot just to give them a rip. A guy there took both sleds for a ride. He said mine had way more power and praised it up!! He then went on to say he would buy the Cat. Point of my story.. Is the Nytro MTX still relevant as a mountain sled? I mean it works great in the mountains. But with all the new sleds and technology, how many years do you think the Nyto will be seen on sled decks and not jammed away in sheds and forgotten about? Just a thought.

Just killing time.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there. My buddy ha a 2013 Arctic Cat M8 Sno Pro and I have a 2011 Nytro with 180 HP turbo. The other day we had them out at a local spot just to give them a rip. A guy there took both sleds for a ride. He said mine had way more power and praised it up!! He then went on to say he would buy the Cat. Point of my story.. Is the Nytro MTX still relevant as a mountain sled? I mean it works great in the mountains. But with all the new sleds and technology, how many years do you think the Nyto will be seen on sled decks and not jammed away in sheds and forgotten about? Just a thought.

Just killing time.

Depends who you ask,,, to me no, not relevant.

SRT

Reaction score
I just bought the sled this year and got out quite a bit with it.. I guess I'll answer my own question here but... I love it! Hope I can enjoy it for a few more seasons.

Just killing time.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the sled this year and got out quite a bit with it.. I guess I'll answer my own question here but... I love it! Hope I can enjoy it for a few more seasons.

Just killing time.
Hey if you like it that's all that matters:beer:

Reactions: NM

SRT

Reaction score
What do you ride lilduke? Have you had a Nytro?

Just killing time.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you ride lilduke? Have you had a Nytro?

Just killing time.
Currently on a 2014 freeride. Never owned a Nitro not my thing. Friend has a Vanamberg tunnel, skinz front end, 174 track, boost it turbo Nytro Never rides it, rides his Doo's cause the nytro is a tank. Will Climb any thing though. Was thinking about buying it cause he's selling it cheap,, but then Id never ride it ether...

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently on a 2014 freeride. Never owned a Nitro not my thing. Friend has a Vanamberg tunnel, skinz front end, 174 track, boost it turbo Nytro Never rides it, rides his Doo's cause the nytro is a tank. Will Climb any thing though. Was thinking about buying it cause he's selling it cheap,, but then Id never ride it ether...

Yup that's the sad truth.

SRT

Reaction score
Now that the Viper is out, I wonder how many Nytros will be shelved?

Just killing time.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will fade away, but no more that anyone else's 2010 and prior sleds. I was surprised with the lack of XPs in the mountains this year too. I suppose the difference is that a 2009 Nytro is still a reliable sled. What people don't know or care about is that a Nytro handles pretty good, not great, and is only 40 pounds more than an xm (I weighed one). It is still men against boys on the hill.
I will be riding mine with a big smile for a few years more, even if I have the only one.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will ride mine for many years, I like it, they have their handling issues but oh well, it makes me smile every ride

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll definitely hurt their resale value.

This is a natural progression with almost all equipment, especially machines that develop rapidly and significantly each model year. Used M-series dropped when Proclimbs showed up, Apex's went sideways when the nytro came out, and on goes the story. :)

Is the Nytro still relevant? Absolutely! What will happen is that there will be some very good Nytros to be had at good prices that have a ton of kms left in their lives.

Enjoy the ride boys!

SRT

Reaction score
I'm gonna ride mine for all it's worth!! Going to Revy for Yamafest in 2 weeks and Alaska in 5 weeks!!

Just killing time.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
I have a 2013 162 MTX that I put up for sale. It has the skinz a arms, elka stage 5 shocks, skinz boards, etc. I think it handles great. I am still more used to it than my Viper. I can handle it better, dangle better through the trees and sidehill and downhill turns much better than I can on my viper. I did not get one call on it this winter. Its to bad, its a great sled. In the prairies it even trails well with teh tipped up rails. With the elkas and skinz, it rails corners as hard as you can push it if you are into racing trails. Not that it is a trail sled but it is very versatile. I can drive it much harder than I can my doo gade backcountry.

SRT

Reaction score
It's too bad. It's got a reputation for being heavy!! But the 2013 Arctic Cat with Suzuki 4 stroke is heavier. Whether it's still a relevant mountain sled depends on the owner I guess.

Just killing time.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Persoanlly I would take a 180/190 nytro over an xp or xm. The rider position and ergonomics are very similar. They both are way ahead on the sled, both have lay down steering. The reliablity of either is way up there, until you add boost, then its Yamaha all the way.
The weight is a bit of an issue, but after having both, and selling both, I only miss the nytro... not the doos.
They took the best of the Nytro, and put it in a fantastic chassis.
I used to think it wouldn't get much better then my '03 Vertical Escape...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

LuckydawgAK

Reaction score
I sold my T-Nytro early this season and bought a 2013 Sno Pro. I like the machine, it handles well but I do miss the powerband of a Nytro. I don't miss the top heaviness of the ergo-dynamics of the Nytro. Even with the 3 inch forward kit (which greatly helps) it's still tough to ride on set up days.

As far as relevance? The relevance of the price is that the price is much lower. That's a bummer. It seems like prices are dropping fast. .

The new owner didn't shelve it. He's enjoying it. I enjoyed my new ride but I'm looking forward to a new Viper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
After owning an xp and ridin an xm I still enjoy my 270 Nytro. I am 275 lbs
6'4" tall and that Nytro handles with such smooth transition I can put it anywhere I want. I found my xp was all over the place and had absolutely no rider forward position. Also never had so many engine and damaged/cracked chassis issues on any sled after getting rid of that xp. I bought the Nytro entirely for its reliability and I was not disappointed. On board/in field diagnostic testing comes in very handy if you ever need to use it on the Nytro......it beats paying Brp 100 bucks to hook up their computer 8 weeks after you get it into the shop to look at a check engine light issue.....what a joke!!

SRT

Reaction score
After owning an xp and ridin an xm I still enjoy my 270 Nytro. I am 275 lbs
6'4" tall and that Nytro handles with such smooth transition I can put it anywhere I want. I found my xp was all over the place and had absolutely no rider forward position. Also never had so many engine and damaged/cracked chassis issues on any sled after getting rid of that xp. I bought the Nytro entirely for its reliability and I was not disappointed. On board/in field diagnostic testing comes in very handy if you ever need to use it on the Nytro......it beats paying Brp 100 bucks to hook up their computer 8 weeks after you get it into the shop to look at a check engine light issue.....what a joke!!

Yeah. I am disappointed with the Maverick track on my Nytro. I am upgrading to a Peak 2.5 soon. So after that hopefully my trenching problem is taken care of. I am happy with my Nytro...

Sent from missing plane.

Top Bottom