Looking for advise 15-16 skidoo summit or Polaris AXYS

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
So I’m in market for a new sled this year. I’m coming off of a 2013 m8 arctic cat which not all the impressed with anymore. With budget of around $7-8500 I’m mostly going to be looking at sled years 2015-16. I have read up on both the AXYS and skidoo summit but I just can’t decide. If anybody suggest a new cat I’m open to there opinions aswell. So I’m looking for some advise of people who have rode both, likes dislikes, problems they have had, and what they would suggest. FYI not trying to start a pissing match here lol thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'16 T3 would be my choice of the two but haven't spent a lot of time on a Polaris. I am at 7500km on my boosted '15, gonna roll the dice and see if make it another season.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T3 XM is an awesome sled and super reliable/low maintenance. The Axys has a better chassis for technical riding but the Summit is more well rounded.

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
Thanks for the input forgot to mention I’m not super technical rider either more of a climber and boondocker style not slot of tree riding. Usually cause I end up in one lol

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7500km... nice what all have you touched on the engine just topend?

Haven't touched the engine, rebuild clutches ever year, sometimes more. Turned up the oil injection when I added the turbo.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2015 summit I sold last year that I put 2500km on it without issue. Reason for selling is I couldn't ride it, switched over to a 2019 axys Dec 2018 and for me is way easier to handle.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely adored the shift of technology when I first experienced the Axys platform back in 2016. Everything was easier and I really did up my game. I can't ride a doo to save my life, as the whole steering post thing, and geometry of the snowmobile is something I just haven't been able to mesh with with my limited time spent on the doos. I think with both sleds, those who have them love them, so I'd suggest trying them both out and see which one you jam with most.

It was like a lightbulb turned on for me the moment I jumped on the Axys. Everything was simply easier to do, with way less energy expenditure than I had with the Pro Chassis Generation before the Axys. I have had the 850 Patriot as well, which is again just a little bit easier and less rider input needed than the original Axys platform. More refined, and I super super dig the extra oomph. I'm on an 850 Khaos this season so this should be an exciting season again.

Here was my 16 Axys "Axyl Roze"
886084_10153524896827993_7635189861988333423_o.jpg

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put alot of miles on both, I enjoy both but I find the Polaris you have to jump side to side more to get it to do what you want, ( when you do that it will do amazing),, But that is also the problem I have with it, Being a mechanic with 2 (amost) f**ked knees Jumping from side to side all day is a problem, I can get the Doo to do the same things but with alot less energy and jumping around,

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put alot of miles on both, I enjoy both but I find the Polaris you have to jump side to side more to get it to do what you want, ( when you do that it will do amazing),, But that is also the problem I have with it, Being a mechanic with 2 (amost) f**ked knees Jumping from side to side all day is a problem, I can get the Doo to do the same things but with alot less energy and jumping around,

See me being a mechanic since '92 I'm the opposite, I feel much more better after riding my Axys than I ever did on my XM

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See me being a mechanic since '92 I'm the opposite, I feel much more better after riding my Axys than I ever did on my XM

Different machines work differently for different styles of riding and different people, good thing we have 4 manufactures!

He should try both machines and see what one he likes better, although if they are not set up right it is hard to get a good feel for them

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have no experience with Polaris since 2005. I'll get that out of the way right from the get-go.

I have ridden with tons of guys that have the Polaris platform and lots that were on Cats. Most of the guys I ride with are flatlanders who come to the mountains 3-4-5 times a year; Many are newbies. I have been on the Summits and pretty much all years since 2006. They have just been getting better and better. Generally, they have been more dependable. Pulled out one 2017 G4 with a blown motor and the rest of the "tow me out" sleds were Polaris and Cats. The flatlanders are surprised where I can go and how easy it is get to them to help them get out of their pickle. Many have come back in subsequent years and they are riding a Summit. The T3 platform was a beauty and IMHO bullet proof. The eTec800 is a great motor. Fit and finish on the BRP products are second to none. Dependability on the T3 was great. Whether pounding hills, cruising meadows, or climbing in the trees, the Summit handles them all. I am as old as dirt and have been known to ride 12 days in a row without being tired. Generally, I'm not a cabin person and eat lunch in the trees. It is a long day and at the end of the day, I am still a happy guy and looking forward to tomorrow. They are that easy to ride.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride the open hills buy a Doo, if you want to learn to ride the trees get an AXYS. The Doo is easier to learn on for newbies but coming off a Cat you will find the transition to Polaris easier.

Top Bottom