Looking for advise 15-16 skidoo summit or Polaris AXYS

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sold my cat and jumped on a T3, wanted one ever since I rode Shiny Tops when he bought new in 15. My Vote is T3 and go with a 154 and you will Dangle!

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some good deals out there. I just pick up a 2015 T3 174 with 2900 km for 5500 bucks. Going to be a learning curve come off a turbo m1000 for the last 8 years

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride the open hills buy a Doo, if you want to learn to ride the trees get an AXYS. The Doo is easier to learn on for newbies but coming off a Cat you will find the transition to Polaris easier.

who do you ride with... seriously you troll doo threads like no tomorrow.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try them both out and see which one you feel most comfortable on, I also agree with looking at who around you has the best dealer support this can really make your choice a good or bad experience. you cant go wrong either way. you will always get a little bias from people depending on their personal experiences and then you will get the brand loyalists who in my opinion need to be taken with a grain of salt... find a good deal on a nice clean lower km sled and get out and enjoy your decision your going to enjoy the sled you choose and if you don't, sell it and try the other brand. good luck and enjoy your season!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I have tried them all.
As an old fellow. I can say that I have found reliability in Doos. Less effort and not tired at the end of the day
But others have found the same in there choice of sleds. brother has a polaris and fix anything
My 2015 was an awsewsone machine until I got the 3 inch in 2016..
I like my G4 for the power but my favorite is the 154 3inch.... nimble, easy ride.
It is up to you..
The 2015 and 2016 are recording 10,000 km .
I had mine gone over at 6500 and downloaded/compression and all within specs. \
Still my go to sled if its deep and powder......
Still learning to ride my longer 165 G4
The secret is to have it set up to your riding style. (OF COURSE MINE IS. STUCK AND WAIT IT OUT TILL HELP ARRIVES?? LLOOLL?\
Have fun,
I have no experience with Polaris since 2005. I'll get that out of the way right from the get-go.

I have ridden with tons of guys that have the Polaris platform and lots that were on Cats. Most of the guys I ride with are flatlanders who come to the mountains 3-4-5 times a year; Many are newbies. I have been on the Summits and pretty much all years since 2006. They have just been getting better and better. Generally, they have been more dependable. Pulled out one 2017 G4 with a blown motor and the rest of the "tow me out" sleds were Polaris and Cats. The flatlanders are surprised where I can go and how easy it is get to them to help them get out of their pickle. Many have come back in subsequent years and they are riding a Summit. The T3 platform was a beauty and IMHO bullet proof. The eTec800 is a great motor. Fit and finish on the BRP products are second to none. Dependability on the T3 was great. Whether pounding hills, cruising meadows, or climbing in the trees, the Summit handles them all. I am as old as dirt and have been known to ride 12 days in a row without being tired. Generally, I'm not a cabin person and eat lunch in the trees. It is a long day and at the end of the day, I am still a happy guy and looking forward to tomorrow. They are that easy to ride.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who do you ride with... seriously you troll doo threads like no tomorrow.

I ride with 50% Doo guys and 50% Polaris. I read all newish threads. Is that trolling or is that learning? Maybe you could expand your horizons and learn about the entire industry by looking at other brands too? All have something to offer.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with 50% Doo guys and 50% Polaris. I read all newish threads. Is that trolling or is that learning? Maybe you could expand your horizons and learn about the entire industry by looking at other brands too? All have something to offer.

I agree 100% Chris, being informed and hearing others experiences on all brands good and bad is never a bad thing... especially when you have a business in that same industry.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I am the most unbiased guy here, in the last six years I’ve owned, a Yamaha, Polaris, 2 cats and 3 doos. I’m thinking reliability and ease too ride are two big factor, that being said rent a Doo for 3 days and do the same with a Poo......You will know Guaranteed !

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
Great feed back here guys, so little update I convinced the wife to give me a little more budget. Which mean I could potentially be looking at a g4 summit 850 vs the axys any thoughts on this ?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you rely on this thread too make your choice you got about a 30 percent chance of getting it right,Opinions from different styles of riders, experience and actual skill will send you for a few loops. Good Luck !
Everybody has personal preferences.Riding a sled is the best way to find yours.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great feed back here guys, so little update I convinced the wife to give me a little more budget. Which mean I could potentially be looking at a g4 summit 850 vs the axys any thoughts on this ?

if you upped your budget there is a lot of non current 2018 rmk’s on Kijiji. For used G4 money u can buy a new a sled with warranty! That’s how I would go and have rode doo for the last 7 years. If you could pick up a non current g4 that would be good too but you won’t come anywhere close to the price of the Polaris. Also lots of 17 cats around new for dirt cheap and I wouldn't hesitate to scoop one of those. I’m sure you will enjoy whatever you buy as everyone makes a solid sled the last few years!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the looking I have been doing the price goes up dramatically for a 2018 or 19 G4 which is what you want. Too many friends and acquaintances had trouble with 17 G4's.

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the looking I have been doing the price goes up dramatically for a 2018 or 19 G4 which is what you want. Too many friends and acquaintances had trouble with 17 G4's.

Yep, best deal I've seen was about a month ago on a 19 G4 with a bad track for 10 Grand. Only had like 1000 Km on it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, best deal I've seen was about a month ago on a 19 G4 with a bad track for 10 Grand. Only had like 1000 Km on it.
Hmm I missed that one, that's a deal though. I keep seeing 18's with 3-4k km for 12 and 13 grand, crazy.

Top Bottom