Nytro Powderlites oil use when cold

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When my Nytro is cold, (Below -20) more oil comes out the back exhaust than goes into the engine. It seems that the return pump doesn't do anything too much when its real cold. Im running stainless lines from the oil reservoir back to the return pump with absolutely no restrictions. I took my charge line to the intercooler and wiped all the oil out, and cleaned the oil out of the bottom of the intercooler. There was about 1/2 L all over. And where the blowoff valve was there was a mess. Ive had this issue everytime its real cold. Also I can only use Yamalube 0/30 if I use anything else it goes by the turbo bearings. I would like to change this pickup pump as I think this is the issue. Spoke to Dave on this but he doesn't really have an answer, he's busy making Skidoo turbo's:rolleyes: Darren at E&S is looking into the same system that MC express uses. But that seems like alot of extra work. Is there a better pump and has any one else had this issue.

Last edited:

Apextenn

Reaction score
I just purchased a nytro MTX with a powderlites stage 2 i still havent seen the sled but just wanting to do research to make sure that i have a overall handle on it my question is does this kit not have a scavange pump? And if it didnt wouldn't they have a problem with the turbo bearing sezzeing up due to the fact that they wernt getting proper oil flow if not seize severly reduce the life of the turbo??

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the PL not have a scavenge pump like the MC ? Is the oil just pushed through the turbo and then pushed back? If it is, then when cold I would suspect the pressure buildup is pushing it by the turbo seals. You could try the new Yamalube 0W40 full synthetic, it might not be quite as susceptible as the 0W30. It's a few bucks more but might solve your problem. I've switched my turbo over this year as I feel it is a better oil and has a little more viscosity at high temps, while still having the low pour point. Probably worth trying.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my Nytro is cold, (Below -20) more oil comes out the back exhaust than goes into the engine. It seems that the return pump doesn't do anything too much when its real cold. Im running stainless lines from the oil reservoir back to the return pump with absolutely no restrictions. I took my charge line to the intercooler and wiped all the oil out, and cleaned the oil out of the bottom of the intercooler. There was about 1/2 L all over. And where the blowoff valve was there was a mess. Ive had this issue everytime its real cold. Also I can only use Yamalube 0/30 if I use anything else it goes by the turbo bearings. I would like to change this pickup pump as I think this is the issue. Spoke to Dave on this but he doesn't really have an answer, he's busy making Skidoo turbo's:rolleyes: Darren at E&S is looking into the same system that MC express uses. But that seems like alot of extra work. Is there a better pump and has any one else had this issue.

mine did the same just before i had to change the cartrage in the turbo. try 0-40 cold weather motul. i run 5-30 motul cold weather in the vector and its fine.

Top Bottom