Nytro Performance Chips?

nytrobrad

Reaction score
I've heard rumor of a performance chip and exhaust upgrade that will give an otherwise stock nytro 170hp. Are there any proven upgrades that will even come close to this or are they all placebos?

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know TNT up here in Bonnyville is selling one and talking it up big, but I don't know if it will make much difference

evan3000

Reaction score
I think Powder Lights was putting a package together with the RB3 box and exhaust to gain some na hp. plus if a guy goes turbo down the road just re map and go.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard rumor of a performance chip and exhaust upgrade that will give an otherwise stock nytro 170hp. Are there any proven upgrades that will even come close to this or are they all placebos?

PM SLY he is in Slave Lake with the Yamaha dealer, does lot's of custom builds on the Nytro's....

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like your suxing up to Steve too LOL jk. Great place to deal with that's for sure

Not just cuz I worked there for a few years

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like your suxing up to Steve too LOL jk. Great place to deal with that's for sure

"Worked" is a little strong.

I have been doing some digging on this chip thing and haven't really come up with anything solid to date. 5-10hp for an exhaust isn't gonna cut it, I'm looking for a solid 30+. I even asked someone fairly high up in Yamaha about the possibility of a GYTR package, but it doesn't sound like they have plans anytime soon. A decent exhaust/intake setup along with an ignition/fuel remap should get it done IMO but will probably end up costing in the 2.5 to 3k range. Will keep looking and will let you guys know when there is something, I have lot's of guys wanting something like this. In the meantime the turbo is where it's at but it isn't cheap for a good setup but it's a whole new sled and so worth every penny :d

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was rude :-(. I'm hurt sly. Worked. I don't think I held up the counter for like ummm at least 3 years LOL jk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No, my brother in law lives in Slave Lake and bought one of Steve's built up Nytro's. I took it for a spin and the thing ran like a raped ape. The ski's never touched the ground the whole time I was in the throttle from a standing start to top end. Took a week to wipe the grin off of my face.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL yeah I know who's sled your talking about. And yeah I think that's how I was too when I rode the first turbo vecter Steve built. Was a blast. And now the nytro I have turboed and love it everytime I turn the key!

Top Bottom