Not to impressed with a new dealer....not in Red Deer....

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
So, I had to take my sled in after the last trip.....was getting a ridiculous amount of snow in my air box. Two other buddies riding with me in the same sleds, same conditions didn't have a drop of moisture. Sled started idling rough and not clearing up. So, I decided to try the new dealer out in my area. Called them up and they were more than happy to work on my sled. I thought great, new shop, eager to do warranty work...cool!!! Loaded it up and brought it to the shop, told them all the problems I was having. They told me that there were about 25 sleds ahead of mine, so they would get it in to find out what parts it needed the following week, and then go from there.
Week One...week went by, nothin, I though ok, not till next week....
Week Two...another week went by....nothin.... Called them on friday to see what the scoop was. They told me they ordered the update kit for it and it was getting installed as we spoke. I said awesome, so than I asked what they had found with the airbox....."We'll he hasn't had a chance to look at it yet, but he'll inspect it once the motor's back together, and we don't like to bug them while their working just kinda let them do their thing....we'll have a better idea this afternoon" I said, "Right on, call me and let me know thanks." No phone call came.
Week Three...Monday came no call. Called them on tuesday and found out they had put the motor back together and then there was a noise coming from the bottom end...tore it back down and had to order a crank. I asked if they thought they could have it done by the end of the week, and they said probably fri. They ordered the parts Monday and they should be in Thursday. Right on suppossed to go sleddin that weekend. Called Thursday to see if the parts had made it in and if they thought they'd have it have it done on Fri. Had a buddy driving from 4hrs away so if it wasn't gonna be finished or if they were iffy about it than no point in him coming. They said the parts hadn't made it in, be in Fri. Ok, did they get a chance to look at the air box yet....nope but they'll get to it for sure. Ok, so it'll be done next week some time....yep they said. We'll call you.
Week Four....No call came monday figured I'd give them a chance...tuesday, wednesday, thursday no call.....So I called Thurs late afternoon....So, yeah how'd you guys make out, I never got a call... yeah it's done just gotta get the paperwork done up..."Ok I'll be in sat to pick it up....what did they find with the airbox?" Ummm.....they checked it all out and where ever it was injesting snow it isn't anymore...I'm thinking to myself what are they doin throwing bags of damn snow at it how do they tell??? So, they never resealed it or anything? Nope...." I'll be in sat to pick it up. Saturday comes go to pick it up, "Yeah she says, so I got the warranty paperwork for you to sign and then there's also a small bill for you....there was oil and antifreeze and spark plugs the warranty didn't cover....(I'm thinkin whaterever 50 bucks or somethin) Oh....and the mechanic noticed that there was dust and lint in the valves when he pulled them so he cleaned them as well....So you total is $278." I told her I just had the valves cleaned at xmas time, and asked how the hell lint got in them....and why they didn't call me and ask to do it? She didn't know what to say to me and was starting to get ignorant with me. I refused to pay for the valve cleaning and told her that I was taking my sled. They had my sled for an entire month, done the entire motor getting paid their shop rate by polaris and guaranteed made some good money off it. And than they pull this sh!t? She said, you have to pay it or your not taking it....I was so pissed off I just wanted my sled back, so of course I paid it. What the hell is a guy supposed to do....already lost a whole month of sledding.
Sorry for the long @ss rant, but I gotta let everyone know that plans on goin to this dealer....I didn't hear till after I picked it up that these guys are always more than happy to do warranty work, but they always pull some surprise outta their @ss when it comes time to pick it up thats extra on top without calling.

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
I bet its the local yammy / cat dealer?

Ha ha....nope....but when I had a cat they gave me a good run around too...I guess I should've mentioned the word POO.....don't head west of RD!!!:realmad:

I forgot to mention too, that when I asked if they had put premix oil in the tank....she said we'll I would assume he would've.....never said anywhere on the bill it did.....so I put my own in. Put 35 miles on the motor yesterday trouble free, went to check the plugs....and low and behold my spark plug wrench is gone too....right on, get to deal with these retards some more

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turple Bros? If it is I can believe it.... Powersports seems to be fairly decent, havent tried uncle bens or polaris out yet...

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
I would say thats in a little place called Eckville. Thanks for the fair warning, I'll stay away from there!!!!

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't you just say the name of the dealer that's jacking you around? If it was a dealer who was providing exceptional service i'm sure you would be allowed to post his name.:realmad:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 07 ac m8 and have`nt had a problem at all THANKS REDDEER POWER SPORTS. Not that i am the most extreame rider but after this weekend it went great in alot of deepppppppppp.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe some of the crap dealers pull. This was a long time ago in Rocky, snowchecked 2 sleds. The guy knew he was going under, even when he took our money. Came time to get our sleds, Cat had no record of our Snowcheck transaction. Lucklily the Lady who owned the Cat dealership in Edson helped straighten things out.

duner

Reaction score
I've heard of lot's of people that are not happy with Eckville! Most of the guys I know deal at Extreme Machines, Dan, he's just north west of Sylvan(north east of Eckville) and does really good work. Builds kick a$$ mountain sleds and a really good guy to deal with. Very good with clutching as well.

shakey

Reaction score
I would say thats in a little place called Eckville. Thanks for the fair warning, I'll stay away from there!!!!

where did you buy your sled i deal with eckville ,have,nt been serious issues but service was acceptable , no dealer will impress you every time unless you spend lots $$$$

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bother!

I'll tell you bout my LAST experience with Turple Bros....in 07 I went in to purchase a brand new Summit 800 and gave the "salesman" (i won't mention any names) that I was dealin wit $500 down to hold it until the following day......returned the next day before noon to pay the rest with a bank draft, and he tells me he's sorry but 1 of the parts men had already put a down payment of $100 an hr or so before I had come in the previous day so he had the priority on the sled!!!! :nono:

Well that same day (PISSED) I took back my $500 and and the bank draft and drove across highway 2 to Uncle Bens and bought my 900 M1....and that's how I ended up with another Cat! :beer:

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you bout my LAST experience with Turple Bros....in 07 I went in to purchase a brand new Summit 800 and gave the "salesman" (i won't mention any names) that I was dealin wit $500 down to hold it until the following day......returned the next day before noon to pay the rest with a bank draft, and he tells me he's sorry but 1 of the parts men had already put a down payment of $100 an hr or so before I had come in the previous day so he had the priority on the sled!!!! :nono:

Well that same day (PISSED) I took back my $500 and and the bank draft and drove across highway 2 to Uncle Bens and bought my 900 M1....and that's how I ended up with another Cat! :beer:

I don't blame you...........I have not bought any sleds/quads from Turble Brothers but I do own 2 doos and a suzuki. Everytime I call to get something done it's like a week or 2 just to get it in, even something as small as a tire fixed ............I must of spent 3-4 g's on ATV mods from there in 6 or so visits and each time I would look at the bikes.........I was interested in a honda/KTM dirtbike. Not once was I asked if I needed help.............Then one day I went over there with the intention of buying a bike, was interested in the XR650. I waited and waited........so I left and went to the Kawi dealer and bought a KLR650, as soon as I walked into the Kawi dealer, I was asked right away if I needed help.......................Customer Service is worth it's wieght in gold!

Turple Brothers just have to many brands to deal with and not the people to handle it all Im guessing..............Im glad that i have the know how to fix my own stuff.................I put a clutch kit on my quad on my own..........partly because knowing well enough I would have to wait 2 weeks to get it in to TB's and wait god knows how long to get it back.

When I want small things done for my quad, I bring it to the polaris dealer in town, usualy have it done that day or the next............

just my 2.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yeah fore sure, I also went into TB that following summer to buy a new KTM 450 moto-x bike, and asked if they'd be interested on a trade on my 03 yz 250, they wouldn't even look out the window to see it and said they "do not" deal with Yami's what so ever.....so that finished it for me for good!!! never again nor will a sh!t load of my friends as well will ever buy from there again!

One thing that was bad about Uncle Bens is that they knew notta bout sleds etc lol.........I do everything on my toys as well! then ya know it's getting done right and on time!

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not sure If i am doing this quote thing right :s When the rev first came out I thought..OH maybe I will convert to a ski doo (don't tell anyone!) I went in and was looking at the 800 and the sales man took FOREVER just to come over to me. Then he said "sweety that is just too much machine for you" what a wanker!! I too went over to Uncle Bens and got myself the AC800 :)

Top Bottom