Not sure what snowmobile to get next....

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, sold my Snowmobile last weekend. It is a Polaris 800 Rmk with a 159 track.
Way too much power for me, and I sometimes got stuck, sometimes not (only because I am not strong enough for it).
Loved the reverse, and it is a really nice sled and climbed like crazy.

I drove husband's (Magnet's) 2005 Ski-Doo 1000, nice smooth ride ,loved how it has a real smooth ride when I went over bumps, but of course would like around a 600 or maybe 700, no bigger.

If you could lend a word of advice, if you have a moment, that would be nice.

I need something :
-that is a smooth ride, not as much power as my 800, but not a wussy little toy. I am going to use it for trails and hills.
-Not a short short track, been there, done that. M
-Must have reverse, electric start would be nice, and I would prefer not to have those tall risers on the bars.
-If it has a place to put a cooker for snacks like Smurff1000 has, that would be a bonus.
-I like to have a place for storing extra stuff too.
-Heated hand and thumb warmers and maybe a plug for heated visor
-Not a checkerplate looking windshield.
-a cover for it, and somewhere to store an extra gas thing.
-Not any problems with it. I want to be able to hop on and cruise straight to the snow, when it arrives.

Not interested in ditch bangers or abused sleds, also not a brand new one, a few years old is okay, without many previous owners.

I am thinking no older than 2005 and no old body styles.

What I will spend depends on what it has to offer.

Thanks again

Snow Monkey

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna suggest a 600 etec with a 146. One pull starts. Light sled, and lots of fun to ride.

Sent from my Desire HD

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only problem is you barely ever see the 700s for sale because they actually last. everyone sells the 8s and 9s.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you could look into a polaris 700 dragon probably find one with decent clicks for cheap and has lots of what you rlooking for. i rode one and dont mind the chassis but i wanted an 800 and went with an 09 cat to get everything i wanted :p

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna suggest a 600 etec with a 146. One pull starts. Light sled, and lots of fun to ride.

Sent from my Desire HD
go easy on me i am not a rich farmer j/k lol

but i doo agree with you that is what i would like to get between her legs

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600ho or 600hosdi rev summit 144..... 04 to 06,7

po po 700 dragons are too easy and unerving for most women.......

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only if ya cant handle it!!!!

get a 600 xp or rev very stable sled,,, M6 or M7 not bad option either but go DOO!!!

Oh I can ride them just fine. But tex is so against the xp that I had to throw that out there.

Sent from my Desire HD

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600 IQ RMK. Great chassis - very easy to throw around and very capable off trail. Also great ride and great looking. The 600 is a proven, reliable engine as well. All said, an excellent package.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only if ya cant handle it!!!!

get a 600 xp or rev very stable sled,,, M6 or M7 not bad option either but go DOO!!!

I would never recommend an XP to someone that rides off trail for the reason you stated - very stable. IMHO, they're too stable which makes them a pig to throw around off trail. Both Cat and Polaris are much easier to play with in the powder while still having respectable trail manners.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never recommend an XP to someone that rides off trail for the reason you stated - very stable. IMHO, they're too stable which makes them a pig to throw around off trail. Both Cat and Polaris are much easier to play with in the powder while still having respectable trail manners.

x2 big piggy

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I can ride them just fine. But tex is so against the xp that I had to throw that out there.

Sent from my Desire HD

ya this is for a lady... unless she weighs 300 lbs to throw it.... xp 's are too flat leged.....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I guess I'm fat enough to lay my sled over anywhere. I can sidehill on the trail with mine.

Sent from my Desire HD

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look for a 600 Shift that is a couple years old. They are very inexpensive yet have everything you are looking for. The 600 Poo engine is a good one, compaered to my POS Poo 800. They are very good at handling, look sharp and are reliable.

Top Bottom