Not impressed with my new 509 goggles!

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of sinisters black ops 2 years ago and they have never fogged up on me. I'm very happy with them.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have 2 sinister's, with replacement lense's. They do work good, but they do fog!!! each morning before a ride, I spray them with FOGUL. Bought the product from Fastenal, We use it on our safety glass's and NO issue's. Other than that, I had had zero issue's with my 509's.
I have Oakely's for summer riding, but have never tried them in the winter.....

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My black op sinisters never fog....aviators on the other hand, foggity fog fog

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the liquid image goggles? They are supposed to have Oakley lenses in them. Anyone got them or have anything to say about them?

Polaris2012

Reaction score
I use Smith series 83 OTG. They are made to fit over glasses so they sit further from your face and dont fog. I love them, they are cheap $70 and extra lenses are cheap too $20.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never wipe the inside lenses of my new oakleys......combined when dressed properly so heat doesnt funnel up your neck into your helmet and beyond........i very rarely fog up.......dont wipe the factory no fog off!!!......just my experiences.......

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the cheap single lens Oakley's everyone including the sales people try to talk me out of them but on the hill they very rarely fog up. I have Black ops, Aviators, double lens Oakleys, Pro Grips, and always wear the single lens Oakley cheapys that I got from Martin on sale for $40. I bought two more pairs this year after carrying my Aviators all last year and only wearing them twice. But I do like the Aviators and Black ops for the blue bird sunny days that nobodys googles fog.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every goggle is going to work differently for different people. They all have a slightly different fit and finding the best fit for you is what will help any fogging issues. I have a hard time, getting a good fit around my nose, as I have a very narrow nose bridge, and my nose has been broken 4 times, so it's a little bit crooked and goggles never really get a good seal. It would be great if we could all take goggles out for a day and try them out to see how they work for us. I have about 10 pairs of goggles at home, from 4 different goggle companies, and they all fog for me.

apex88

Reaction score
few weeks ago i was looking at an old THH helmet in the garage and comparing it to my 509 cf helmet. they are the exact helmet down to the finest details. paid 120 for the THH helmet 2 years ago and 4 for the cf. kinda a joke if you ask me. makes a guy wonder who builds there goggles for them

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few weeks ago i was looking at an old THH helmet in the garage and comparing it to my 509 cf helmet. they are the exact helmet down to the finest details. paid 120 for the THH helmet 2 years ago and 4 for the cf. kinda a joke if you ask me. makes a guy wonder who builds there goggles for them
Is your THH helmet made of Carbon Fibre? Not likely for 120$ That would be your price difference.

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Aviators 2 seasons ago. I like the wide viewing area and they look sweet but don't work. These Aviators fog very easily and the double lens began to split after about 15 rides. I'll keep them with my mirror lens for those sunny days when fogging is a none issue but my yellow lens is scratched very bad and I use it 80% of the time. I'm buying a set of Dragons with a low light lens, got lucky and rode with a sponsored guy who let me try a pair of his for a day and they fogged far less than my Aviators. I also bought the 509 goggle fan and pulled it out after a couple of rides, didn't help at all.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smith goggles just plain work

I agree! I tried a few different types and keep going back to smith! But I now run the no fog face mask and it's awesome! Nice and comfortable and warm and best part no fog at all!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my new 509 i used for 20 minutes sitting there and now i have my old scratch smiths back on

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of Scott's as my backup and a pair of 509 sinister a I've had for a few years.
Never have a problem with them. Every now and then I try using the Scott's just because of the clear lens for cloudy days but they don't last long.
My brother gave me his sinister so now I have good pair of backups.

He bought aviators so we will see how well they work.

SledKitten

Reaction score
I love my 509 helmet & sinister goggles. Had them for just over a year. Face stays warm & snow stays out of face decently as well thanks to how they fit well together. A day of hard riding, or lots of ski tugging & digging, they fog up a bit in the corners, or if my hair gets wet from snow or rain.

Top Bottom