New Helmet with or without breath box

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I have been running an enclosed helmet this year but its heavy and for spring riding it is just too hot.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I wear glasses (I know get contacts or laser surgery) I tried, its not an option.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have a really great pair of goggles already but they do not have a nose guard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The no fog mask I used in the past is really hot and it makes the helmet "stuffy" also with the metal piece where the nose portion goes so you can mold it around your nose in conjunction with the goggles makes it hard to breath out of my nose. Its basically just uncomfortable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I see that the 509 helmets have a breath box but I assume their nose piece is the same with that metal sown in.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also looked at the respo no foggy mask things, again no experience with them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I am basically looking for a moto style helmet and either an accessory or something build in to just block some of the wind hitting my nose[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maybe just a really light balacava that I can use the goggles to clamp over so my breath doesnt go up into the goggles?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looking for any suggestions![/FONT]

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the klim balaclava with the nose piece. It works excellent. Around $60. I use one and very rare for my goggles to fog up. That's wearing a moto cross style helmet. Klim has two different kinds with the nose piece. One is thicker then the other.

Benp

Reaction score
Get the klim balaclava with the nose piece. It works excellent. Around $60. I use one and very rare for my goggles to fog up. That's wearing a moto cross style helmet. Klim has two different kinds with the nose piece. One is thicker then the other.

I second this. It's a balaclava with no fog snout built in. I love it. Works as well as original no fog but no metal band to form around your nose.

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I second this. It's a balaclava with no fog snout built in. I love it. Works as well as original no fog but no metal band to form around your nose.
I have the klim arctic balaclava. No fogging with it.works really well. But it's warm as in I sweat a lot wearing it. More of an issue in warmer temps. Also muffles your speech. Harder to communicate via radio.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of those Titan helmets. Love it.
When we get to a play area I remove the nose cone. So my nose and mouth are pretty much exposed.
Can also remove the rubber from inside the nose cone and keep the cone on. It's a great helmet.
Down side is the padding seems to pack down. It was tight when I bought it in September. Now its loose. I shoved rags under the padding to get it to fit tighter again.

As far as glasses go. You may be able to get prescription lenses

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-175719_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-175719_Gallery.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 179
Top Bottom