Noise Bylaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clearly said it's only the few who wreck it for all :rolleyes:

Ride loud if you want. It won't change how I drive. If you want to ride in my blindspot you better move when I want to change lanes......Just another speed bump to me. No i've never riden a bike, but I dahm well know you ain't going to hear ANY bike over most big trucks over their engine considering how loud many of them are.

And don't worry, a loud bike in my neighborhood will be dealt with swiftly, I don't imagine to many would be happy when I just "happen" to pull out in front of them roaring down my street :)

Like it or not, as the smaller vehicle YOU need to pay the most attention. YOU need to make sure you aren't in a trucks blind spot. The idiots in their prius not paying attention to bikes won't pay anymore or anyless if your being loud, they will just hate you even more. They won't be the ones 6 feet under if you don't ride smart. Ain't no skin off my back if someone ends up under my truck because they ride like a idiot. And no, those loud pipes won't do you ANY good driving around me except piss me off and me want to crowd you off the road.

Again, not painting everyone with the same brush, but i've had bikes tailgate me so close I can't see them in ANY of my mirrors, or like always cut me off. I wonder how you will look when your crushed between two vehicles when I can't stop from getting cut off?

O well.....if you don't want to be the many stupid bikers that get hit learn how to ride. A good majority of them are the bikers fault, but the loud pipes are doing you a lot of good.

i agree with you on the loud noise BS all right, but do you think it's all right to intentionally get someone hurt, for something this minor, i'm sure there are other ways of doing something. i have seen riders spread all over the hood of vehicles and underneath, not a pretty site. you would be best to make sure they were dead as you will be paying for a long time for something this trivial. hopefully you were kidding:d as this post of yours would be all a lawyer would need. :eek:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree with you on the loud noise BS all right, but do you think it's all right to intentionally get someone hurt, for something this minor, i'm sure there are other ways of doing something. i have seen riders spread all over the hood of vehicles and underneath, not a pretty site. you would be best to make sure they were dead as you will be paying for a long time for something this trivial. hopefully you were kidding:d as this post of yours would be all a lawyer would need. :eek:

Have to agree with the fact that excess noise is unnecessary however i myself ride bikes and both of them would be over the noise limit as set. The big difference is that i will ride them so that they are quiet while i am going through residential neighbourhoods, there are ways to do so.

I am pretty disturbed by the same post that you had quoted Doo'n. This guy obviously does not care about any other people on the road and i am pretty sure he would be singing a different tune if he ever actually hit anyone, a tune sung straight from a jail cell......

I understand the frustration of truck drivers being cut off in the city which i think is just plain stupid and also understand that people riding in a blind spot is insanely dangerous however i have been cut off, swerved at and hit by rocks off of semi trucks more times than i care to count. I believe that in both cases, ignorant truck drivers and noisy bikers, there are a small percentage of people that ruin it for the rest.

:beer:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
humm but its ok for them aholes with the diesel trucks straight pipe blowing black smoke everywhere but ride by with a bike with pipes and there whining haha grow up allready i have a chopper with pipes and loud pipes save lives i seen it time and time again and not changing my pipes for anyone :realmad:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Find a diesel pickup that is anywhere near as deafening loud as some of these bikes and we'll talk. Even a straight piped truck with stacks, WOT isn't even in the ballpark of some of these bikes......I can hear bikes going down my front street ALL the time from inside loud and clear, can't say i've ever heard a diesel, just the odd rice rocket. Weird.

And as I said, I think it should apply to ALL vehicles,

....... but maybe they are saving lives too

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clearly said it's only the few who wreck it for all :rolleyes:

Ride loud if you want. It won't change how I drive. If you want to ride in my blindspot you better move when I want to change lanes......Just another speed bump to me. No i've never riden a bike, but I dahm well know you ain't going to hear ANY bike over most big trucks over their engine considering how loud many of them are.

And don't worry, a loud bike in my neighborhood will be dealt with swiftly, I don't imagine to many would be happy when I just "happen" to pull out in front of them roaring down my street :)

Like it or not, as the smaller vehicle YOU need to pay the most attention. YOU need to make sure you aren't in a trucks blind spot. The idiots in their prius not paying attention to bikes won't pay anymore or anyless if your being loud, they will just hate you even more. They won't be the ones 6 feet under if you don't ride smart. Ain't no skin off my back if someone ends up under my truck because they ride like a idiot. And no, those loud pipes won't do you ANY good driving around me except piss me off and me want to crowd you off the road.

Again, not painting everyone with the same brush, but i've had bikes tailgate me so close I can't see them in ANY of my mirrors, or like always cut me off. I wonder how you will look when your crushed between two vehicles when I can't stop from getting cut off?

O well.....if you don't want to be the many stupid bikers that get hit learn how to ride. A good majority of them are the bikers fault, but the loud pipes are doing you a lot of good.
what are you some kind of f---in idiot cyle

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would stop them atleast a few times and warn them I am sick of them roaring up and down my street. But if they kept doing it, endangering people, I would put a end to it one way or another. But if I am working, and people are roaring past me, I will drive my machinary right out in front of them ain't going to be no warning. Couldn't careless if they hit it. Ain't going to hurt me or the equipment, but it will cost them plenty. Sick of almost getting ran over on a daily basis because people can't slow down and pay attention.

I gaurentee if on a daily basis you had people roaring put you at 70-80km/hr in a 60 zone while working, you'd get sick of it awfully fast to.

I am not saying it's all bikers, it's a very small part. But the city did something about it obviously because of the massive amount of complaints instead of cracking down on ricers or diesels. So bikers must be doing something wrong.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
92db at 30" while IDLING.

Pipes could still be pretty loud on the throttle.

I think this will hurt the Harleys more than anyone else.

Hey Hey Hey. careful now. I know I can be loud when I'm on the bottle but don't include me in this argument please.:d:d:d

Last edited:

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet if the big lifted trucks can drive around with furnace ducting exaust, then i am cutting off the muffler on my 4runner!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cyle said:
I would stop them atleast a few times and warn them I am sick of them roaring up and down my street. But if they kept doing it, endangering people, I would put a end to it one way or another. But if I am working, and people are roaring past me, I will drive my machinary right out in front of them ain't going to be no warning. Couldn't careless if they hit it. Ain't going to hurt me or the equipment, but it will cost them plenty. Sick of almost getting ran over on a daily basis because people can't slow down and pay attention.

I gaurentee if on a daily basis you had people roaring put you at 70-80km/hr in a 60 zone while working, you'd get sick of it awfully fast to.

I am not saying it's all bikers, it's a very small part. But the city did something about it obviously because of the massive amount of complaints instead of cracking down on ricers or diesels. So bikers must be doing something wrong.
you sound like the biggest idiot ever, just talking about putting other people in danger by driving right in front of them is horrible,

gtfo if your going to be like that

Last edited by a moderator:

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Hey Hey. careful now. I know I can be loud when I'm on the bottle but don't include me in this argument please.:d:d:d

Speeding in construction zones is a legitimate concern, but this thread is about the noise bylaw placed on MOTORCYCLES and that it is unfair to pick on only one type of vehicle.

Some of the statements posted in this thread are the most unintelligent things Ive read in a long time. Some really incriminating statements if anything ever did happen. Even if claimed to be an accident.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you sound like the biggest plucking idiot ever, just talking about putting other people in danger by driving right in front of them is horrible,

gtfo if your going to be like that

I'm going to excuse your ignorance for the fact that you've never been in a construction site, and likely never operated any sort of equipment.

Welcome to alberta, ALL sites are like this. You look when scraper or anything cross the road. You think the operator gives 2 craps if you want to not obey the flag people and hit the scraper? NOPE. You are expected to pay close attention and drive slow, THEY have the right of way.

If you are driving fast enough in 50/60 zones that you cannot stop in a instant when there is plenty of contruction going on, your not paying attention or driving to fast. Equipment is ALWAYS expected to be moving onto the street with little warning. You do know there is people walking to? Remember there was a kid killed in edmonton here when a lady was texting on her phone when he was in the back of a van working last summer? How many flag people have been hit? I'd much rather hear about a piece of equipment hitting a vehicle then a worker dieing because of a idiot.

I work to protect me and my fellow workers. You will slow down when you pass me working on a road, you drive 70 in a 60 construction zone, ya you might run into some problems. If you don't like it, I will gladly go home you can deal with no power if you'd like, i've gotten very close some days. I won't risk my life because people are to stupid to drive properly. Just think about it next time you drive past someone working, and think they might be the reason you have running water, gas, or power. And tomorrow they might decide fawk it I don't want to risk getting hit i'm going home and you won't have one of those essentials. On or not, if they feel they are at risk they can walk away ANYTIME.

Now back to the thread of bikers bitching about the bylaw......

Last edited:

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to excuse your ignorance for the fact that you've never been in a construction site, and likely never operated any sort of equipment.

Welcome to alberta, ALL sites are like this. You look when scraper or anything cross the road. You think the operator gives 2 craps if you want to not obey the flag people and hit the scraper? NOPE. You are expected to pay close attention and drive slow, THEY have the right of way.

If you are driving fast enough in 50/60 zones that you cannot stop in a instant when there is plenty of contruction going on, your not paying attention or driving to fast. Equipment is ALWAYS expected to be moving onto the street with little warning. You do know there is people walking to? Remember there was a kid killed in edmonton here when a lady was texting on her phone when he was in the back of a van working last summer? How many flag people have been hit? I'd much rather hear about a piece of equipment hitting a vehicle then a worker dieing because of a idiot.

I work to protect me and my fellow workers. You will slow down when you pass me working on a road, you drive 70 in a 60 construction zone, ya you might run into some problems. If you don't like it, I will gladly go home you can deal with no power if you'd like, i've gotten very close some days. I won't risk my life because people are to stupid to drive properly. Just think about it next time you drive past someone working, and think they might be the reason you have running water, gas, or power. And tomorrow they might decide fawk it I don't want to risk getting hit i'm going home and you won't have one of those essentials. On or not, if they feel they are at risk they can walk away ANYTIME.

your way off topic and way out of line cyle you should appologise then hang your head in shame as you delete youe s@m account your total disregard for people on bikes is disturbing to say the least you should take on a job where you are less likely to hurt someone just cause you think you have the rite away and it will show those few who ruin it for all as you say go work in a gravel pit no bikes there

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cyle said:

haha that's funny, yes I do work in construction and am a equipment operator. but this is off topic

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speeding in construction zones is a legitimate concern, but this thread is about the noise bylaw placed on MOTORCYCLES and that it is unfair to pick on only one type of vehicle.

Some of the statements posted in this thread are the most unintelligent things Ive read in a long time. Some really incriminating statements if anything ever did happen. Even if claimed to be an accident.

Like I said before this bylaw, like most, is complaint driven. If there had been near as many noise complaints regarding other vehicles as bikes, I'm sure they would have been included. Unfair or not, the racket disturbs alot of people.

hintonite

Reaction score
We will have to sue for discrimination if ticketed. I do believe i live in canada and am a equal as we all are!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cyle, i thought you were joking. what makes you want to get someone killed or inured for life. everyone that drives in alberta goes through construction zones every year. i'm not sure, but your rite of way starts at the flag people, and ends where you must protect the driving public. check your construction contract. if you drive in front of a car you will be responsible. how can you tell if a guy is doing 60 km or 50 km, have you some sort of training. people are people cyle, they all do dumb things, rarely with the intent of hurting someone. your job is to protect the people driving by, not to be the police ,judge and executioner,
you are joking right?

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How in the hell did we get from noise to speeding in construction zones??????

The two have nothing in common. Back to the noise bylaw chat and start a new thread for construction zone issues.

WOW

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How in the hell did we get from noise to speeding in construction zones??????

The two have nothing in common. Back to the noise bylaw chat and start a new thread for construction zone issues.

WOW
it is a long way off topic its just that cyle seems to piss off many people

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow 5 min of my life gone. From loud pipes to speeding in construction zones...

Lets clear up the construction zone , you have a flager on both ends.. you are connected by 2 way radio... car speeds stop the dolt at the other end and hold for police.. simple

Loud pipes.. the louder the better. You say you dont hear them in a truck BS cause you turned your head to look at who it is and where they are and what they are driving, basic human reaction. Same as hearing a plane or helicopter, you look without thinking.
Take a bike in a shopping mall parking lot{ walmart lot is the best} i have never been in one and not had someone cut me off almost back into me or try to park when i am. Why does that happen cause you are at an idle to quiet, this means the biker has to watch himself and everyother car/truck/ rv and people walking.

AND just to clear one more thing up there is NO blind spot in a personal car/truck trying looking in all 3 mirrors and do a shoulder check. If you can find a blind spot that a bike can fit in i will but you a 24 of beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom