how to get more 800 doo power

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
i get asked this a fair bit so here is what we do after seeing this motor for 5 years .there is a lot to be gained in this power plant in just getting it air .
all dyno reports show this intake when removed at the carbs gains the motor 6 to 7 hp , this system is really chokeing the motor and the factory reconized this themselves when in 2011 they greatly improved the intake themselves .
we strongly believe in the fresh air kit that gains direct outside air , we call it our snorkelkit .
next this motor responds very well to an increase in compression ratio , this is limited by how much you want to spend on fuel .all the way from av gas to c 16 fuel will deliver a very noticable kick in the pants .
the other area that we address for mt use onthis motor is there power valve oporeation . stock it opens way late in the rpm band due to there approach to pasing a sound emmissions test at 45 mph on the trail system.
we modify the power valves system so that the valves open at 4500rpm instead of just over 7000.this allows the system to come to pressure sooner and giving you a huge lift in mid range useable power .
also but not for everyone , the use of twin pipes on this motor also gives a noticable lift and aids this motor in processing the largest anount of air all before big boreing the block.
if you have an 08 and an 09 the need to secure the motor from moveing is really the first thing you need to do and more so if you want more hp out of the block, 2010 they fixed the main issue which was causeing the motors to move .we build a brace for the 08/9 that allows you to pressure horizontially and vertically and help in holding the motor to stay in alignment with the secondery clutch .
hope this is of some help
Al

Max

Reaction score
Do you have more info on the air intake kit & the power valve mod along with the cost.Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i get asked this a fair bit so here is what we do after seeing this motor for 5 years .there is a lot to be gained in this power plant in just getting it air .
all dyno reports show this intake when removed at the carbs gains the motor 6 to 7 hp , this system is really chokeing the motor and the factory reconized this themselves when in 2011 they greatly improved the intake themselves .
we strongly believe in the fresh air kit that gains direct outside air , we call it our snorkelkit .
next this motor responds very well to an increase in compression ratio , this is limited by how much you want to spend on fuel .all the way from av gas to c 16 fuel will deliver a very noticable kick in the pants .
the other area that we address for mt use onthis motor is there power valve oporeation . stock it opens way late in the rpm band due to there approach to pasing a sound emmissions test at 45 mph on the trail system.
we modify the power valves system so that the valves open at 4500rpm instead of just over 7000.this allows the system to come to pressure sooner and giving you a huge lift in mid range useable power .
also but not for everyone , the use of twin pipes on this motor also gives a noticable lift and aids this motor in processing the largest anount of air all before big boreing the block.
if you have an 08 and an 09 the need to secure the motor from moveing is really the first thing you need to do and more so if you want more hp out of the block, 2010 they fixed the main issue which was causeing the motors to move .we build a brace for the 08/9 that allows you to pressure horizontially and vertically and help in holding the motor to stay in alignment with the secondery clutch .
hope this is of some help
Al

hey al.... what about an 07 800r ? stock motor with vee's reeds....stock pipe , mbrp can...
i ride around 3000 feet at home and around u guys..... mabe a port and pollish ? head with a bit of a bump up in the comp?

don't want to run av or c gas.... just a bit more power...

i think i lost a ring locating pin late last year so its coming apart here in the next week or 2....

thanks jeff

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must say for certain that the power valve mod has been a huge success for all of my doo customers.;) Very noticeable on a stocker and it only gets better with intake and exhaust mods.

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope the summer was good Al will call tomorrow and order the intake and the brace. Lookin forward to getting a ride with you and Pete this winter. Spent all winter down south last yr was great conditions everywhere lets hope this years the same.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Al and all I can say is LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW. Sounds like he's found some spare HP's layin around can't wait.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad the etec doesn't respond to almost any of those mods...but really, with the etec, who needs it!

post title didn't say more power etec 800 it said 800r any info posted by Al is good info tried and tested.JS

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post title didn't say more power etec 800 it said 800r any info posted by Al is good info tried and tested.JS

If you want to be picky, its an E-TEC 800R, and I never said what AL said isn't good, I just said too bad the ETEC doesn't respond to those mods. It would be nice if it did.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder if these are still effective on the big bores with cut valves. i would assume so as its just a timing modification.

Don't see why not but give Al a call he is very informative, He had some interesting clutch info as well, Guess polaris does have something I can use.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, a turbo isn't for me. But yes the Etec responds very well to the turbo from the reports coming out. Just needs the secondary fuel controler which works fine as the etec pulls back the timing which the turbo likes.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, a turbo isn't for me. But yes the Etec responds very well to the turbo from the reports coming out. Just needs the secondary fuel controler which works fine as the etec pulls back the timing which the turbo likes.

Took total restraint saw 2011 174 freeride e-tec turbo for 14200.00 in kijiji High Roller. Doo better come out with a stock turbo next year or they will fall behind big time.

Top Bottom