no start

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 1978 ski-doo citation,it has spark and fuel but will not start,any help would be thankfull.i have tried new plugs ,wires,coils and fuel pump still will not start was running fine.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my guess would be the carb needs to be cleaned if it has sat for a long time. have you tried to pour gas into the cylinders and try to start it?

your other option would be to sell it to me, I have 3 of them, 2 that run and 1 for parts.....perfect kids sleds. :D

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
haha i got a to get a picture up of my "old" sled lmao, its an 197? skidoo tnt frame with my motor out of my old 1994 indy 440, hums along pretty good

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
DID YOU CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE COMPRESSION... IF YOU HAVE SPARK AND FUEL, THE ONLY OTHER ADDITION TO THE EQUATION IS COMPRESSION. JUST CHECKING THE OBVIOUS 1ST.....:confused:

Last edited:

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 1978 ski-doo citation,it has spark and fuel but will not start,any help would be thankfull.i have tried new plugs ,wires,coils and fuel pump still will not start was running fine.

owned 2 smilar models. after getting banged around the points close up, you have to pull the rewind off to get at them. I used to pull the motor, adjust them and then reinstall. only took a coulple of hours. it would spark, just not at the right time to start.:)

Top Bottom