NHL Trade Deadline Rumors?

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let`s miss the playoff`s ,draft more even smaller forwards, get an enforcer but don`t play him in case he fights and replace one or two coachs with x oilers (exceptMacT)
FIRE ALL X GLORY YEARS OILERS and hire a Sutter ,any sutter......

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. This is exactly what the Oil will do!!! hahaha. Yah...don't get rid of MacT...he KNOWS what he is doing...

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oilers won last night, cole looked good, souray was firing bullets, even rollie was ok..........were all the stars aligned could we win another game again????

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
the oilers won last night, cole looked good, souray was firing bullets, even rollie was ok..........were all the stars aligned could we win another game again????

Do you get the feeling that even if the Oilers do make the playoffs this year, they will get steam rolled in the first round? A few years back when they went to the Stanley Cup Finals, even though they barely made it in to the playoffs, they had enough depth and talent to strike fear in other teams (and for good reason cause they damn near won the cup).
After getting lit up like a Christmas Tree several times this year, and their inability to consistently beat the bottom feeding teams, I feel like not too many teams see the Oilers as any kind of threat this year. I hope I am wrong cause I am a big fan, but unless they seriously get their $hit together I see them either missing the playoffs again this year or else squeaking into the post season only to get hammered in the first round.
They looked great last night with 2 quick goals, but they really need to figure out how to put the nail in the coffin and not allow teams to get back into the game. The Oiler power play is BRUTAL.
Wow...my 2 cents :twocents: seemed to turn into a rant :rant:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you get the feeling that even if the Oilers do make the playoffs this year, they will get steam rolled in the first round? A few years back when they went to the Stanley Cup Finals, even though they barely made it in to the playoffs, they had enough depth and talent to strike fear in other teams (and for good reason cause they damn near won the cup).
After getting lit up like a Christmas Tree several times this year, and their inability to consistently beat the bottom feeding teams, I feel like not too many teams see the Oilers as any kind of threat this year. I hope I am wrong cause I am a big fan, but unless they seriously get their $hit together I see them either missing the playoffs again this year or else squeaking into the post season only to get hammered in the first round.
They looked great last night with 2 quick goals, but they really need to figure out how to put the nail in the coffin and not allow teams to get back into the game. The Oiler power play is BRUTAL.
Wow...my 2 cents :twocents: seemed to turn into a rant :rant:

more than enough shots on the PP but fu*k Horcoft shot the puck...

G

Guest1

can anyone see Jagr in a Oilers Jersey???

Welcher...Thanks for the Hahahahahahahahaha ;)

Do you get the feeling that even if the Oilers do make the playoffs this year, they will get steam rolled in the first round? :

They won't make it so no worries on getting bounced in the 1st round :d

OVER!!!

ps...Welcher did you send me a text message last week during the LOSERTON/FLAMERS game? If so, sorry I couldn't reply, I was in Caribbean on a really big BOAT :beer:

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Welcher...Thanks for the Hahahahahahahahaha ;)

They won't make it so no worries on getting bounced in the 1st round :d

OVER!!!

ps...Welcher did you send me a text message last week during the LOSERTON/FLAMERS game? If so, sorry I couldn't reply, I was in Caribbean on a really big BOAT :beer:

Yeah yeah..... get it all in while you can. You wanna bet that your Flamers $hit the bed and don't get out of the first round either?
Heres the bet....If the Oilers don't make the playoffs, I'll put a Flames logo as my avatar for a full month. If the flames lose in the first round, You put an Oilers logo as your avatar for an entire month.
You in?:)

G

Guest1

Yeah yeah..... get it all in while you can. You wanna bet that your Flamers $hit the bed and don't get out of the first round either?

Heres the bet....If the Oilers don't make the playoffs, I'll put a Flames logo as my avatar for a full month. If the flames lose in the first round, You put an Oilers logo as your avatar for an entire month. You in?:)

:rolleyes: Been there done that bet (Avatars)....fuggin TEE....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! ;)

Here is the bet VK ... I bet you a 40 of what you drink to a 40 of GREY GOOSE for me that the LOSERTON OILERS don't make the playoffs and another 40 that the Flames get out of the 1st round this year...GOT BET ON???? Let me know.

OVER!!!

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Been there done that bet (Avatars)....fuggin TEE....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! ;)

Here is the bet VK ... I bet you a 40 of what you drink to a 40 of GREY GOOSE for me that the LOSERTON OILERS don't make the playoffs and another 40 that the Flames get out of the 1st round this year...GOT BET ON???? Let me know.

OVER!!!
Ha ha, the Avatar bet only hurts my pride, not my wallet. If you read my earlier post, I too have my doubts that the Oilers will make the playoffs (I may be a fan, but I've been witness to too many pathetic efforts this season).
That said....What the hell! I'll take your bet. :beerchug:
At least if the Oilers don't make the playoffs I can still cheer for whoever is playing against Calgary. (although I hope its not Dallas cause I've really learned to hate that team)
Nice choice on the Grey Goose! I think I will take the same. :d
Big game for the Oilers tonight against Columbus that can take me one step closer to a tasty Screwdriver :wtg:

duch17

Reaction score
Jagr has been washhed up for 5 years, he would be a good fit for edmonton

G

Guest1

What the hell! I'll take your bet. :beerchug:
At least if the Oilers don't make the playoffs I can still cheer for whoever is playing against Calgary. (although I hope its not Dallas cause I've really learned to hate that team) Nice choice on the Grey Goose! I think I will take the same. :d Big game for the Oilers tonight against Columbus that can take me one step closer to a tasty Screwdriver :wtg:

COLUMBUS 1...LOSERTON ZIP :d

VK..the only thing you will be drinking in April is TANG :p :d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who needs what player? will there be any blockbuster trades? will the oil get anyone good? can be an exciting time of the season, until the playoffs start! maybe someone will want willie mitchelle's 9 foot hockey stick, we'll have to wait and see!!!

i dont think we can trade coaches at the deadline. We need to get one with a backbone of some kind that will actually discipline these guys for their lack of desire to actually play hockey. They didn't even deserve to lose lastr night against columbus. something definitly has to change in oil town.

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
COLUMBUS 1...LOSERTON ZIP :d

VK..the only thing you will be drinking in April is TANG :p :d
Damn its tough being an Oiler fan :realmad:
Chalk up another pathetic effort for the Oil. Well, I'll continue to be optimistic cause it aint over till the fat lady sings but it might be only another week until the singing begins. :(
I think I might just pick up a bottle of Goose today in anticipation of whats to come.(and maybe some tranquilizers so I don't wreck my house when the Oilers play on Saturday)
DOH! :homer:

duch17

Reaction score
I truly like the oilers and wish them and the leafs could get there carp together and rebuild there teams.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive said it b4..give me 7 million dollars and i will score a goal..hey mc t...... pm me:di could free up my saturday night schedule;)

Top Bottom