NHL Trade Deadline Rumors?

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who needs what player? will there be any blockbuster trades? will the oil get anyone good? can be an exciting time of the season, until the playoffs start! maybe someone will want willie mitchelle's 9 foot hockey stick, we'll have to wait and see!!!

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bowmeaster from Florida will be moved to where who knows. I think that you will see St louis move a few players and the same with the Islanders.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spezza,Neil from OTT
LeCavalier from TB
Morris from PHO
Hear Philly is looking at Khabibulin

from the west it's so hard to say what'll happen,it's suck a tight race right now

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spezza,Neil from OTT
LeCavalier from TB
Morris from PHO
Hear Philly is looking at Khabibulin

from the west it's so hard to say what'll happen,it's suck a tight race right now

I like your theroy's but I don't think Lecavalier is going anyware despite rumors. Spezza I think will be moved and I don't think Chicago wants to move the boulin wall where his contract is comming up and there making a cup run and the goalies work great together and there a strong duo.

This is why trade deadline is so much fun as there is so many ideas.
I hope the Oilers make a few moves.

snow_farmer

Reaction score
The only moves the Oil make are in the offseason when they sign restricted free agents to amazing deals! :d On a side note lets hope the oil come in Sixth so we can have a true Battle of Alberta!

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
The rumor keeps circulating that the Oilers are making a strong pitch to sign Jaromir Jagr. He has been quoted as saying how much he would love to play with Ales Hemsky (they have played together on the Czec Republic team in the past).
Jagr is a great player when he shows up, problem is that he usually only shows up 50% of the time.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be fun to watch, jagr and hemsky, 2 on 1 he shoots he scores!!!!

steveo

Reaction score
The rumor keeps circulating that the Oilers are making a strong pitch to sign Jaromir Jagr. He has been quoted as saying how much he would love to play with Ales Hemsky (they have played together on the Czec Republic team in the past).
Jagr is a great player when he shows up, problem is that he usually only shows up 50% of the time.

I heard that to but i figured it's probably bullshat........1st of all can the oilers afford him? #2 i don't believe he would come to edmonton cause all the players ( around the nhl ) seem to say they dont want to play here cause its to cold and the arena is to old.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see Spezza ending up on a Western Conf. team. Start praying you Oil fans; I think he would be a great addition to your play-off run. :beer:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like to see spezza in a oilers jersey. now claude lemeaux should go back to beer league, i hate that clown, he's the tuffest guy in league when the refs are near...:twocents:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton Oilers coaching staff for a 2026 5th round draft pick and a bag of pucks. Then we will offer the pucks a multi year big buck contract and a signing bonus.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSN Reports that Edmonton is interested in Kovalev,on the other end Edmonton is talking about a package deal with Cole..
Honestly,i lov ethe Oil but come on already lets get some hard working guys.Screw speed,we are way to small,and get man handled by the bigger teams.
The Oil have never played the same since Smyth let we need a guy like that,his hard work weared off on other and it worked.
Speaking about Smyth there is reports that the Av's might move him as well.
Would love to have Smitty back.

bsan1827

Reaction score

He'll fit i perfectly with the Oilers then

zduck14

Reaction score
Being a Canucks fan, I'd love to see Smyth back in Edmonton. His contract would screw up the Oilers immensely. The only way I can see it working is if Visnovsky or Penner and Staios go back the other way to balance out the salaries. Then Edmonton would be screwed when the kid's contracts are up. I'd love it.

As for other rumors, I can see Toronto shipping up a few players like Kaberle and Antropov.
Bouwmeester will be moved.
Lacavallier stays in Tampa Bay and St. Louis gets moved for a couple prospects and or draft picks.

As for Vancouver, I think Gillis will pick up a third line center or winger like Rob Neidermeyer for a shut down role and another defenseman like Havelid or Leopold to add some decent depth for the playoffs.

G

Guest1

Doesn't matter who LOSERTON gets at the trade deadline...GOT THEY ARE GOLFING EARLY....AGAIN

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let`s miss the playoff`s ,draft more even smaller forwards, get an enforcer but don`t play him in case he fights and replace one or two coachs with x oilers (exceptMacT)
FIRE ALL X GLORY YEARS OILERS and hire a Sutter ,any sutter......

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let`s miss the playoff`s ,draft more even smaller forwards, get an enforcer but don`t play him in case he fights and replace one or two coachs with x oilers (exceptMacT)
FIRE ALL X GLORY YEARS OILERS and hire a Sutter ,any sutter......

i like that idea except for hire a sutter...

Top Bottom