New XM needed towing out in Revy.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I do know a couple decent chaps that live in trailers. They might deem your comment offensive. Anyhow those chaps ride Arctic Cats, so we don't need to go farther than that...
well, I have heard that shredded belts makes great insulation. keeps their pipes from freezing.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Actually I do know a couple decent chaps that live in trailers. They might deem your comment offensive. Anyhow those chaps ride Arctic Cats, so we don't need to go farther than that...

Really? Can't believe people are still riding that 80's technology

jumpingjack

Reaction score
My brand new XM towed out again!!! Third issue with it. I'm done with Doo. They are playing catch up to Polaris and taking too many reliability risks.

Going to get me new Pro 163. Will save some $ and also save a LOT of weight.

View attachment 142960

Not sure who you are Ryan0402 but this is not your sled that I towed out of Revy last Saturday. If you're going to use someone elses picture you should at lease state that it's not yours.

The sled I towed out had a broken fuel line off the fuel pump. It was the first day on this sled so I will asume that it was an assembly issue. Yes there was an impact to the sled by another sled but the XM had already died before it happened, so the root cause was not the impact. I suspect that the hose barb on the pump had been bumped/damaged during assembly causing a hair line crack. During the day of riding and jumping the barb fractured more and more until it broke right off stopping fuel from getting to the injector and shutting the motor down.

Skidoo haters need to go back to there own sites and deal with there own issues. I am sick of reading post that wait my time from people who just want to bash and have nothing of value to at.

This is the first time I have heard of this failure and the fuel pump location has been the same since 2011 etec's came out.

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
Not sure who you are Ryan0402 but this is not your sled that I towed out of Revy last Saturday. If you're going to use someone elses picture you should at lease state that it's not yours.

The sled I towed out had a broken fuel line off the fuel pump. It was the first day on this sled so I will asume that it was an assembly issue. Yes there was an impact to the sled by another sled but the XM had already died before it happened, so the root cause was not the impact. I suspect that the hose barb on the pump had been bumped/damaged during assembly causing a hair line crack. During the day of riding and jumping the barb fractured more and more until it broke right off stopping fuel from getting to the injector and shutting the motor down.

Skidoo haters need to go back to there own sites and deal with there own issues. I am sick of reading post that wait my time from people who just want to bash and have nothing of value to at.

This is the first time I have heard of this failure and the fuel pump location has been the same since 2011 etec's came out.

Well put!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless, I might trade back next year to a Doo. I heard in addition to their pivot motion technologies Doo is making an steerable portion of the track. The controls being placed in the footwells. You'll be able to partially steer the track for easier boondocking so that the Doo is finally as "flickable" as the Pro. I got a reliable source in Quebec.

For now I'll go back to my reliable Pro.
Enjoy your broken driveshaft and paper mache glued together sled.

bailer

Reaction score
This may have been a better joke if he hadn't said he was switching to Polaris for reliability. Just not believable.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow really. I thought this was a serious post. Mods why the hell are we letting another person pull this crap. We already have enough of this crap going on don't we with the other two losers?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make a phony thread about a 119hp Polaris and its fine. Make a phony thread about the XM and the thread should be pulled right away.... I thought you guys weren't sensitive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make a phony thread about a 119hp Polaris and its fine. Make a phony thread about the XM and the thread should be pulled right away.... I thought you guys weren't sensitive?

claiming phony horsepower numbers is minor. Claiming a new xm has been towed out 3 times is almost slandering skidoo and false information. Fine for the guys who know better but lots of new guys come here daily and look for answers. If they don't know the inside humor the long term members have its not good for them to see bogus threads that could steer them out of a purchase

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the 119 hp thread was the guy's buddies messin with him on his account. this one was pure trolling. for the record, I liked them both.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 and could be 5 times it got pulled out, still own a new XM and to me that sled just never got fixed right the first few times, nothing more............

ryan0402

Reaction score
the 119 hp thread was the guy's buddies messin with him on his account. this one was pure trolling. for the record, I liked them both.

Man having a little fun once in awhile really can rub some the wrong way. This happens on the Pro threads too also if you haven't noticed. And yes the drive shafts are breaking on the '13 RMKs, fighting doo vs poo really doesn't matter to me at all in the grande picture of life. Just trying to have a laugh on a Friday, just like the 119hp thread. Between having the stress from working, kids, etc. I didn't know one could not enjoy a laugh once in awhile on either side of the pro/doo or ford/Chevy or mustard/ketchup sides. And claiming slander on ski doo brand by one post is a bit of a stretch I think. If it was that easy to convince someone not to buy a skidoo......than I guess you skidoo diehards will have to tow one more broken drive shaft Polaris out of the woods this winter.lol

Top Bottom