New welder

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havnt looked into the esab yet? Kms sells them though, must be a decent quality???

Esab is a good welder, harder to find consumables. When guys ask me what welder to buy I always tell them to look in welding shops see what welders you see. They are 95% Lincoln and Miller, and it’s not because there’re cheap it’s because they are good and last.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they are good quality.

ESAB is very big in Europe and is quality stuff. My buddy has one and it seems like a good machine, I've played with it a bit and it works well....I wouldn't be afraid of one for personal shop use. If I didn't already have Lincoln stuff I'd consider them.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my Miller blew up I replaced it will an Everlast. Twice the machine for the same money. I will never give money to Miller or Lincoln again.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a miller bobcat. Does everything I need to do and more. Looking to add a wire feed and hopefully a plasma cutter this spring. No complaints at all.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a miller bobcat. Does everything I need to do and more. Looking to add a wire feed and hopefully a plasma cutter this spring. No complaints at all.

Gas driven one? Don’t buy a wire feeder that plugs into it, never seen those work very good at all. Be better if you bought a small mig that plugged into the 220v plug of that welder

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What power source do you have, i have a bunch of welders for sale, maybe i can help you out. I think i have a couple esab’s in the mix. The balance are millers

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What power source do you have, i have a bunch of welders for sale, maybe i can help you out. I think i have a couple esab’s in the mix. The balance are millers

Looking for something basic for my garage. What do you have kicking around?

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently the miller has a few upgrades for ease of use over the lincoln. I read about it the other night, but not smart enough to regurgitate that information without messing it up.

DragonCFI

Reaction score
I have a ESAB 235 EMP Does DC Tig, Stick, mig and spool gun for Aluminum 110V or 230V, Bought it at Air Liquid cheaper then KMS tools works well for what I've done with it at home. The ESAB comes in a mig only model also so watch what your buying. If you want a multi process

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas driven one? Don’t buy a wire feeder that plugs into it, never seen those work very good at all. Be better if you bought a small mig that plugged into the 220v plug of that welder

Yes gas powered. So you think might over wire for it is better? Will ask my buddy as he sells them.

Farmin Fool

Reaction score
Depending on how much welding you are going to do and your budget I would get a miller 212 mig and a thunderbolt for stick work.

Top Bottom