New Turbo

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock reeds will work just fine. If you are looking for more responsiveness i have had great success with TDR reeds. They will handle the boost like a stocker but give a much increased throttle response like a carbon fibre and not nearly as expensive.

Where would i find them reeds at...thanks...

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy the tdr reeds from boondocker canada. Definately change your head and reeds. The average lifespan of reeds on a turbo is about 600 miles depending on boost levels. The lower compression head allows you to run higher boost without detonation. You wont need an intercooler on a pump gas set up, but cooler temps is easier on parts.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I retail TDR reeds here aswell or yes boondocker. As far as the head goes, why change your head out completely. Just my opinion but we have sent many heads for turbo m8's and m1's down to Mr. Linderman and have had him work his magic. Much cheaper than a completely new head with outstanding results.;)

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

SNOW JW

Reaction score
Website
www.coderedperformance.com
With the Mini intercooler I seen no lag gain at all. Charge temps without cooler pushing 10lbs can be 230 to 255 as seen on the BD ADA air temp sensor. Start cranking up the boost more and without a cooleer and charge temps start to get crazy. Hard on reeds as well with the cooler reeds last much longer as well.

With the Mini cooler I see a drop of 80Deg sometimes 100deg. Even in the trees the new intercooler has a fan that allows plenty of airflow.

I think some of the guys are looking at the old BD coolers they are not even close to the same the cores have changed as well as size and mounting and airflow. Main diff is the new core used cools great for it's small size they are spendy is the downside as the cores are now imported and that makes them more spendy.

As far as the head?? That is a toss up if I had it to do over again I would just run the stock head as it had insane low end power. I would have had to keep 100LL in it but worth it. But if you must run pump gas then a head change is needed.

Top Bottom